AVIC411.com

X930BT Video bypass tested and confirmed

So I installed my unit yesterday and did the bypass and sent my lady to test drive my truck to make sure the bypass worked while I installed a 920BT into her car. She came back and said that it was giving errors and everything so I ignored her and kept working on her car since I had to do a few custom mods on her car and only a few more hours of daylight. I tested it after I got off work and first thing that pops up is an error that the parking brake is not installed correctly. I pulled the unit out of the dash and checked and sure enough I'm wired up okay. I tested the parking brake pins to ground and it's less then 0.01 ohms of resistance. I moved the mute up one just to make sure I'm not loosing my mind and same result. I moved it back to the proper bypass pin and I noticed that didn't shut off until I got some good speed. Here's the weird part, I disconnected my VSS wire and so far it works perfect. Anyone have any thoughts? I just received the unit a few days ago and I saw that there are no versions of firmware posted so there shouldn't be a software difference.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know where can get the pin that goes into the plastic connector? I messed mine up taking out and need another one...

*EDIT* Found one in another harness i was not using, took it out of that one. Anyway, for future reference I would still like to know where to get em, radioshack?

I did the bypass on my brand new avic-x930bt and it doesn't work.

I bypass the parking brake and ground it. I should work, the unit said that the parking brake is one when i check.

also i change the mute wire one up and ground it.

My problem: nagging screen that said that there is a problem with the parking brake wire, and when i move, the unit is lock (only what should be locked)

I check my connection. everything seem to be fine. I use a big steel rod inside my dash to ground everything. If it's not grounded, the parking brake sensor should show as not engaged right?

What could be the problem? Any idea?

• 3 weeks later...

This bypass works perfectly, no issues. For Mathieu, more than likely your "big steel rod" is painted. Take a file or some 80 grit sandpaper (or a dremel if you have one) and scuff up that rod. Then use a metal hose clamp or something else that can give you some good torque. That way you know it is grounded well.

• 2 weeks later...

After doing the bypass, I drove around for about 10 mins, then pressed the next button on the HU and after that it just started restarting over and over, I wasnt able to press any of the physical buttons or touchscreen at all and it kept going for about another 10 mins of my trip. After reading online I figured it was a weak ground so I cut off the yellow wire to test to see if it would fix the problem and it didn't so I removed the car battery for about 5 mins and it started working again, do you guys think that my ground is not sufficient? the ground all 3 wires were connected to was the original stock radio harness through an adapter. Im gonna try to connect it again tonight and drive around but if anyone could chime in, that would be great!

Anyone know where can get the pin that goes into the plastic connector? I messed mine up taking out and need another one...

*EDIT* Found one in another harness i was not using, took it out of that one. Anyway, for future reference I would still like to know where to get em, radioshack?

You can use a pin from a crimpable female DB9 connector at RadioShack. I used this rather than trying to move the wire, just added another wire.

• 1 month later...

Hi - new here, just bought and installed my X930BT. I've tried this bypass, but still get the "parking brake connected incorrectly" message when the unit starts up. I've tried the "ghetto" bypass mentioned above with no luck, then put on one of the DB9 connectors with a separate chassis ground wire as well. I now have 5 wires grounded together - the green parking brake wire, the black/silver X930BT ground wire, the vehicle harness ground, the new bypass wire, and the chassis ground wire. I can't think of anything else except that maybe the DB9 connector isn't making contact inside the plug?

Any help would be appreciated!

Oh, btw, this is installed in a 2004 Chevy 2500HD using the Axxess GMOS-04 harness adapter.

Hi - new here, just bought and installed my X930BT. I've tried this bypass, but still get the "parking brake connected incorrectly" message when the unit starts up. ...

Happened to me as well. What I ended up doing was pulling back out the female part of the connector, putting a tiny bit of pressure on the pin (squeezing the opening up just a tiny bit), and reinserting. From this I surmised the the male pin on the back of the 930 was too small for the female portion of the connector (part in the plastic housing). Try not to get all macho squeezing the pin or you will have to replace it.

I didn't try, but it might be a good idea while having the pin out to actually test the fitting for connectivity.

I'm wondering if the mute wire needs to be out of it's slot for the bypass to work properly? Or does that not matter?

From what I have read, not personally verified, it doesn't matter if the mute wire is moved, or if another pin and wire is used. The mute wire & pin are used simply as a convenient source of parts since almost no one uses/needs an external mute. If another wire is used, then the mute wire should be left unconnected, or of course connected to the device that needs a mute trigger.

• 1 month later...

Picked up a new x930bt this week and tried this mod today with no luck. I ohmed out the pins while turning on the vehicle and the pin below the yellow/black doesn't even get grounded when he radio turns on. Is it possible that pioneer has made a change on the newer models? I had a relayed bypass from my p3200bt that I put on first but it complained of a bad paring brake connection.

i am just about to purchase a X930BT and a friend told me i just need a micro relay to get the system to work properly when not in park

but from what im reading here it seems to be that this is not true ?

i also have read 2 things im not sure wich one is correct

in this thread i have read where you want to take the yellow black wire out of the position it is in and move it over 1 slot ?to the side

and i have also read you want to take the yellow black wire out and move it down or up one slot depending on how your looking at it

Im confused how come im reading 2 different things

wich one is it that i would want to do

also i want to take the yellow wire and connect it to the parking break wire ? or is that wrong

do i want to just ground the parking brake wire but wich wire do i ground it with

also what about the vehicle speed from understandings its the pink wire do i want to do anything with that ?

im not really looking to watch movies whyll drive

I just want to have access to the Navigation functions and phone and Bluetooth Functions whyll driving

thanks any help would be great

this is going to help me decide weather i go for the Pioneer or the clarion unit thank you

I can definitely confirm this, too. I successfully completed my bypass last night and tested it on the highway at 60MPH. I made no changes to the VSS wiring.

I followed the instructions here (and on various YouTube Videos), and initially it didn't work -- I was getting the "system has detected an improper connection of parking brake lead" error message -- so I examined all of my connections and basically did the whole thing all over again. I also disconnected the unit from the car battery to do a 'Method 1' reset. The second time around it worked perfectly.

Here are the YouTube videos that should be viewed before doing a bypass...

This one really shows in good detail how to move the mute wire in the A/V RCA harness to the proper position. It answers the question about how to remove the pin without wrecking the harness (using a thin wire from a resistor or a twist-tie):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1LAAN7fMfs

And this one gives you a complete picture of what you need to do -- moving the mute wire, connecting to brake lead and ground:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjUq0_hCDLQ

This was my first adventure in even opening up my dash panel myself... a great learning experience.

So both of these Bypasses work is this only for viedo when driving or will this work also to use your navigation functions and blue tooth function whyll out of park ?