AVIC411.com

X930BT Video bypass tested and confirmed

so if you go over one with the pin over one slot to the outside then it works but only for a little whyll and ones it is in motion it will then lock out again ?

is this what your saying ?

and then the correct way is to move it one slot down not on the outisde but just one slot down or up how ever you look at it ?

I tried both ways. Most people say 1 down but there's a few videos of installers also moving it over 2.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My tech that's done this a million times pulled out the mute wire and it looked good. He reinserted it back next to the red wire.

He suggested to try with a new harness just for the sake of it. He will get one from Pioneer tomorrow.

I have version 3.000 on there and everything is supposedly hooked up right. He double checked it. It shouldn't be the software cause it's the sameone as everyone else's.

If it is the doing of pioneer then there would be alot more people on here indicating that's it's not working for them cause mine was manufactured in May 2011. My tech buys directly from Pioneer and he even asked his Pioneer rep and he didn't know what was wrong. Yes, the Pioneer rep knows how to bypass

Any insights???

i was just reading the comment on the video that soundman put up on youtube of the bypass the one thats posted here somewhere also

it can't be the units that where changed cause someone els just commented that it works just fine i think last week and a month ago also

may be the harness that is bad

Sorry I meant to try out the harness for experimental sake. The place I bought my unit from is really far from me. Wanted to make sure it's my harness before I drove out there.

Another question for all of you successful bypass people. When the unit is successfully bypassed will it still say:

"system detected improper connection of parking brake lead"

Or will it say that all the time even when it's been bypassed.

i was wondering do you all run your ground to the Harness ground or do you ground yours off directly to the chassis somewhere is one better then the other ?

My installer ran all everything to harness ground, which is wired to the main ground of the unit. So the ground should be good, because it's the ground for the whole unit

Ok, I'm pulling out of this debate because I don't pay attention to detail and I'm going to guess that many have done this but just won't admit it :(

I had a p3200bt where all you had to do was ground out the parking brake wire after the radio turned on and the bypass was done. Simple

I guess when I watched all these videos about the bypass and seeing the pin move instructions I must have turned the video off early. I assumed that attaching the parking brake wire to the bypassed mute wire would somehow ground it out after the radio turned on.(I did ohm test this bypass to ground and it never did ground out btw)

So my mistake was that I had only tested attaching the parking brake wire to the mute bypass wire but never added the ground o the connection.

Probably what your installer did too anaki01

Ok I found out what my problem was. Although the yellow mute wire looked like it was good an snapped in there and stayed in there....it wasn't making contact. So my installer took a regular wire and spliced it, folded the contacts in half so that it would be thicker in girth and stuck it in there then connected it to ground with the parking brake and it worked!!!

So those of you having issues, it could just be the mute wire. Don't be deceived if it fits in there snuggly, if it doesn't work, it's not making contact.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm from the Netherlands and I've a F930BT built in my VW Golf. Currently viewing DVD's stops when speed is faster than approx 15km/h. Slower than 15km/h enables watchinh DVD's. I don't have to pull the handbreak!

What need's to be done to have the F930BT bypassed? Is there a software bypass available? How to rewire? Same as for F930XT?

I'm asking this specific as as said I don't need to pull the handbreak to watch DVD's.

Hope you can help me out.

BR.