AVIC411.com

X930BT Video bypass tested and confirmed

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you have to take the plug apart by popping out the clip in the middle of the plug then you should be able to remove it. i do it a different way. what i do is i will take a small gauge wire strip it back and push the wire as far as it will go into the empty slot. i then take a wire tie and tie it to a few of the other wires so it wont pull out. a little ghetto but it works like a charm everytime. hope this helps.

so just to make sure everyone is in agreement...

the mute wire gets relocated to the row above or below the existing location depending on how you look at the harness...

then the mute lead gets spliced to the green brake lead and the ground correct?

a few remaining questions

do we still hook up the vehicle speed sensing wire? i think the pink lead?

if i have a lead from a laser blinder mute lead that i would like to mute the radio...can i still send that to the radio or is the mute lead now defeated since i jumpered it with the brake lead???

also how do i release the mute lead to move it to the other pin location? is there an easy way to get it to release without destroying the harness?

thanks for the help

Larry

if you read what i had posted right before your post, and follow what i do by adding another wire to that empty pin location, then you dont have to worry about removing the yellow black mute wire and you could still utilize that mute wire for what it was really intended to be used for. and yes you add a wire in the empty pin location above or below the mute wire(depending on how you look at the harness) I have installed 3 x930bt's so far and have not had an issue,and i personally test drove it myself just to confirm it. as far as the pink VSS wire. it makes no difference if you hook it up or not, the bypass will still work.

I tried the "ghetto" fix and it works great. Don't have to take the connector apart. Thanks. My modification is done and everything works great!

good im happy to hear it worked out for you. hope you enjoy your navi, i played with it a little bit and was a little jealous my Z120 doesnt have the AHA radio feature. cant wait until they release the update for the Z120

• 2 weeks later...

The VSS has no affect on the bypass.

I can definitely confirm this, too. I successfully completed my bypass last night and tested it on the highway at 60MPH. I made no changes to the VSS wiring.

I followed the instructions here (and on various YouTube Videos), and initially it didn't work -- I was getting the "system has detected an improper connection of parking brake lead" error message -- so I examined all of my connections and basically did the whole thing all over again. I also disconnected the unit from the car battery to do a 'Method 1' reset. The second time around it worked perfectly.

Here are the YouTube videos that should be viewed before doing a bypass...

This one really shows in good detail how to move the mute wire in the A/V RCA harness to the proper position. It answers the question about how to remove the pin without wrecking the harness (using a thin wire from a resistor or a twist-tie):

And this one gives you a complete picture of what you need to do -- moving the mute wire, connecting to brake lead and ground:

This was my first adventure in even opening up my dash panel myself... a great learning experience.

The VSS has no affect on the bypass.

I can definitely confirm this, too. I successfully completed my bypass last night and tested it on the highway at 60MPH. I made no changes to the VSS wiring.

I followed the instructions here (and on various YouTube Videos), and initially it didn't work -- I was getting the "system has detected an improper connection of parking brake lead" error message -- so I examined all of my connections and basically did the whole thing all over again. I also disconnected the unit from the car battery to do a 'Method 1' reset. The second time around it worked perfectly.

Here are the YouTube videos that should be viewed before doing a bypass...

This one really shows in good detail how to move the mute wire in the A/V RCA harness to the proper position. It answers the question about how to remove the pin without wrecking the harness (using a thin wire from a resistor or a twist-tie):

And this one gives you a complete picture of what you need to do -- moving the mute wire, connecting to brake lead and ground:

This was my first adventure in even opening up my dash panel myself... a great learning experience.

great response man.. Thanks alot.. I've already done the install/bypass, i just didn't hook up my vss wire yet because of this. i should be getting my traffic tuner in the next few days and will have to dive back in again, so i'll hook up the vss then.. Thanks!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, I'm ditching my car PC and going with a real deck. I just picked up my 930bt today and planning on installing it in my 2000 civic shortly.

I understand moving the pin and grounding both the green and mute wires to create a basic Bypass

I also see that it will work at speed.

What I would like to know is will it work with ALL of the features?

Can I...

- Edit GPS destinations or create a new one while driving? (very handy with a passenger)

- Play video from an iPod/iPhone

- Change system settings, audio, bluetooth settings?

Basically I am picturing the GF driving the car and me wanting to play with the stereo the whole time, its going to suck if half the features are locked down due to GPS or the speed wire

One more question..

I have a 2000 civic with a remote start security system I wired in. It uses the Tach wire to know the car has started. I see that the 930 wants to be connected to a speed wire. I am guessing these are not the same wires, however I do not see a speed wire referenced anywhere for my car yet I assume it has one.

If someone knows where to find this wire that would be a huge help.

Also, I see that the speed wire gives more accurate GPS info etc, which sounds great, however, does it disable features like video/settings etc mentioned above when its wired up? If so then would a toggle switch be the best general solution?

Thanks for your help guys.

Found the location of the VSS wire. Passenger side kick pannel, PCM box, third connector, 23C, Blue/White wire just incase someone googles this in the future.

Still hoping to hear from someone as to what features will/wont work with the bypass and VSS wires connected.

Either way, I think I will wire up the VSS wire to an existing switch hidden in the glove box (previous PC power kill switch) as it is un used and between the passenger kick plate and stereo currently.

Unfortunately it has rained for the past week or two but I am hoping install everything as soon as the weather gets a bit nicer. Looking forward to hearing other peoples experience with the bypass.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

got my AVIC-F930BT today which should be the europe version of the AVIC-X930BT.

Bought an costum package with a canbus adaptor.

But the problem is, there is no label or something that identify the correct wire for the brake.

The connector has 3 green wires, so i have no clue which is the right one.

I think 13 can be the right one, because it connected to the canbus interface.

Can you tell me which wire is the brake?

o7flldob.jpg

j6mt4ozr.jpg

Hi,

got my AVIC-F930BT today which should be the europe version of the AVIC-X930BT.

Bought an costum package with a canbus adaptor.

But the problem is, there is no label or something that identify the correct wire for the brake.

The connector has 3 green wires, so i have no clue which is the right one.

I think 13 can be the right one, because it connected to the canbus interface.

Can you tell me which wire is the brake?

o7flldob.jpg

j6mt4ozr.jpg

looks like # 13 will be your brake wire. the other two should be your speaker leads.