AVIC411.com

Pioneer and Android

Once again its not Pioneer who is at fault here. The limitations are with Android OS at this point. And the Android phones are only at higher numbers because they are on all carriers and are deployed from several manufactures. And they barley outnumber the iPhone in units sold at that. Compare one signal Android phone with the iPhone in units sold and it wont even come close. The iPhone is still a far more popular device if you compare the percentage of units for one phone, from one manufacture, on two carries vs. the Android units on four+ carries and ten manufactures. Even if the Android units out number the iPhone the fact that it has taken this long and at so little an increase is pathetic. Regardless the Android devices don't offer the control to use them with these head units as the iPhone does. That is why you have no Android support. It will come but not until the Android platform has had an opportunity to mature.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

iPhones are for people who are not technically inclined.

That's why they work with all of the popular HU's out there.

Closed source, every app costs money, you wait for months for a software fix/upgrade from apple as opposed to hours for a fix from the open source Android community.

It's called "keeping you in the box" as opposed to allowing the millions of creative people out there who help you think outside of it.

I will make no attempt at hiding my disdain for Apple.

They are a widget company, and LONG ago lost my vote.

P.S. I owned my first Apple computer in 1986, and I owned EVERY single new computer they put out through 2003. I have spent countless thousands of dollars with Apple.... Never again.

P.S.S. The Samsung Galaxy S2 (which is Android powered) dwarfs the Apple iphone in power and functionality which is why APple FAILED to deliver an iphone 5 and instead came out with the whimpy iphone 4s, and then tried to sue Samsung..... Apple is running scared of the Android community, and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.

What a JOKE.

• 3 weeks later...

Closed source, every app costs money, you wait for months for a software fix/upgrade from apple as opposed to hours for a fix from the open source Android community.

It's called "keeping you in the box" as opposed to allowing the millions of creative people out there who help you think outside of it.

P.S. I owned my first Apple computer in 1986, and I owned EVERY single new computer they put out through 2003. I have spent countless thousands of dollars with Apple.... Never again.

P.S.S. The Samsung Galaxy S2 (which is Android powered) dwarfs the Apple iphone in power and functionality which is why APple FAILED to deliver an iphone 5 and instead came out with the whimpy iphone 4s, and then tried to sue Samsung..... Apple is running scared of the Android community, and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.

What a JOKE.

+1

What a JOKE.

About the most laughable example of someone that really doesn't get it that I have ever seen. :roll:

• 1 month later...

you can.make your apps and everything on an android show up on screen and work, just no on screen control. simple convertor box from digital to.analog and the proper connectios...and an invertor. but why? why not root the android phone a super simple.program called superoneclick(super one click) and follow directions from 100's of youtube videos to acquire free tethering! and ourchase an ipod touch off if ebay, i got an 8 gig with a cracked screen for 40 bucks, and pioneers cable for an ipod that supports video. Also like 40 or less dollars. tether off of phone, run ipod touch on wifi, profit...whats so hard about that? keep your droid, get free tethering which is a 30 dollar package from at&t..., and never have to reach for your phone or disconnect or anything.

• 1 year later...