AVIC411.com

Need Help w/ N5 Custom Backgrounds and voltage display....it just wont work for me....

anyone with avic-n5 experience please help....

im trying to upload cusotm background pics from a cd onto my avic-n5....i've followed the manual's instructions with no luck. I called pioneer twicee and no luck.

-I have the number of files under the max limit of pics in the "PICTURES" folder (max of 20).

-I have every picture under the max pixel resultion requirements (maximum of 2,048×1,536

pixels).

-I have tried "filler" files (pioneer tech told me were needed in the root folder)..which is minimum 1.8mb for a cd, and 170mb for a dvd....all non pic, music, or video type files.

what the flying fuck am I doing wrong?

Other concern....I've noticed that the voltage on my (seperate aftermarket on dash)voltometer wired to the igition wire up front does not match the voltage displayed through the avic N5 VDP display....they hare about a half volt off from each other.

I also plan on using the N4 bypass trick on my N5 tomorrow. From what I've read up I just need to move a non used wire (guide or cell mute) over to an unused spot on the harness plug and wire that + green parking brake wires to the ground....

...so any unused spot on the harness will work when I moved the (cell mute or whatever) wire that spot? does it matter if this is on the white or blue harness? is any particular harness easier to move pins on?

any help would be appreciated guys. thanks

OKAY......i followed the D3 sticky and the background pics WORK...i think before my issue was not using nero (or another non windows burning program), and the resolution of the pics. I set them to 500x240 exactly, and used nero 10 free trail and it WORKED!!!!

i'm going to talk to a chevy dealer soon to locate the VSS wire for my 2007 chevy cobalt. i see threads here about other year cobalts but i want to be sure before i hook anything up.

my voltage is still reading about a .5v off from my external voltometer.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys I have another update for you. In the Avix N5 manual it says you can have background pictures up to a maximum of 2,048 × 1,536 pixels can be used. Since only 500 x 240 (wide screen raito) images had worked previously for me, I resized the images I wanted to 2000 x 960 pixel (4x the 500x240 ratio used before) and it WORKED!!!! Now I have slighter better quality background images. I alse used a free burning program called Infrarecorder, since my nero 10 trial expired. Infrarecorder for burning, and Infranview for resizing work great and are free.

hope this is helpful.