AVIC411.com

I'm wondering if anyone on this forum has swapped out an OEM juke navigation system for an aftermarket that can give me any pointers. I've never owned a Nissan and am hoping to keep the factory steering wheel controls with one of the PAC units (i'll likely be replacing with a pioneer system, likely the Z120BT). I put two AVIC's in my FJ Cruiser but had the luxury of finding step by step photograph installations online. I'm just generally asking if anyone's done a nav unit on the juke and if so, were there any road blocks, any issues at all or warnings. I'm the type who will research online for days on end in order to do something myself and so far I've learned alot and had good results, but a brand new veh and a make i've never messed with has got me feeling like a noob all over again.

Ok, to be more specific...if anyone has any pointers for keeping my stock RF sub working with the new head unit, i'd be all ears. The crutchfield rep i spoke to said that I would lose my OEM sub with an aftermarket install. He seemed to indicate that it might be able to be hardwired though? Ok, so i've been lucky in the past to only have to do a few minor tweaks, simple 4 channel amp installs, bypasses, steering wheel controls (never thought I'd find myself soldering an in-line resistor sitting in the drivers seat, but there I was), crossovers for 3-way component installs etc. NOTHING major by any means. I really want to keep my stock sub and can't imagine this being all that big of a deal. From what i've read, the RF sub has a small 125w amp right inside the enclosure somewhere. I dont want to add a new amp or anything, just dont want to lose what little low end I currently have. I'm scouring the internet for walk-throughs and no luck. I know my GF's eclipse had an adapter we installed to keep her OEM RF sub working(I also recall it being insanely expensive for what it was) but my car has no such adapter. Any ideas?

• 10 months later...

lol juke

What's so funny <_< ? I just bought one too and I love it :D I had the X930 installed at Best Buy. They connected the sub to the rear speakers because they said it would only work with speaker level and not line level. They said the 2012 Juke was different than the 2011 so I guess mine didn't have the built in amp. They also got all the steering wheel controls to work with the Axxess Metra controller. I hope that helps someone with a 2012 Juke.