AVIC411.com

tired of slugishness on the f900? i am! Almost fixed.

how do you access windows OS after the unit boots, can you explain? Testmode doesn't let me install. I would like to install 2 overclock programs and try. thanks.

After you try the program link from Chuck88, give this one a try....if none of these work we may have to enlist the help of the original program authors.

WiMoSpeed

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wimospeed needs netcf 3.5 and as far as i know we only have 2.0, also it is OS specific. will post info as i find it about this. update i have the net cf 3.5 files for wince5.0 so i'm going to try to get that running tonight.

i have an account over at xda and am in contact with netripper, i've never worked with him on a project before so i don't know his feelings, but i have with several other dev's for the hd2, tp2, pure, etc. so hopefully someone puts in a good word for me and we can move forward with this. his overclock seems to be the most viable to port to our devices. it will not work out of the box because it is OS specific so if he is willing to shoot me the source or even make some mods himself that would be great. i'll keep you guys up to date as more details come in on the first post so i don't have a 500 post long thread with one line updates

Overclocking would be cool, but how about replacing the whole WinCE/AVIC software with Andorid? The poster mentioned knowing/being close with a number of Android devs. How difficult would a port be (especially if the CPU is the same as some phones?)

How difficult? OS drivers! The CPU might be the same but not all other hardware devices that require drivers, such as sound, GPS, Bluetooth, you name them.

wince is verrry proprietary meaning getting drivers for the system to run ANY other OS is near impossible, let alone having it fully functional. now hacking apart the current gui to customize it is more than possible. again i'm more worried about stability and functionality now. lets make what we have work right, then change a million things. everyone agree?

wince is verrry proprietary meaning getting drivers for the system to run ANY other OS is near impossible, let alone having it fully functional. now hacking apart the current gui to customize it is more than possible. again i'm more worried about stability and functionality now. lets make what we have work right, then change a million things. everyone agree?

Agreed!

Any advancing on this?

yes yes and no to answer your question chuck88

no interest/help from the creator of msm7k for overclocking. however, the creator of wimospeed is in contact with me and willing to help!!! thank goodness for the dev's at xda. he has no familiarity with wince5 and no access to an f900bt unit. so i'm working with him on setting up the emulator for him with my modified system image running fx3.1 and yes, .net 3.5, all the basics are in the making for this to be a success so let's see if we can make it fly.

what i know so far. with windows mobile environments, ce5 and winmo 6.0 for example, the processor speed is constantly changing within a range so you can't just patch the registry for an overclock. this is important and where wimospeed comes in. you have to modify windows to use that program to actively control the processor clock based on load. that program has to be compatible with the hardware, which the processor is a go, but making sure the program has proper access to everything it needs is another story.

my hd2 died so i'm currently fixing that. i'll update the first post with information and post new news based on my next reply from the creator of wimospeed(iwfratz).

iwfratz made some time to help me with this project this week so i'd like to get him as much info and data as i can. firstly i need some help from you guys since i'm pretty new to this device

1: can someone post a link for getting an emulator running of the f900bt (i'm at work and we're not supposed to use the internet, lol)

2: how can i dump the os from my unit to sd or usb so i can load it in the emu and send him a zip of everything?

i know i could do alot of searching and reading, i'm sure someone on here chuck88 *cough* can point me in the right direction

iwfratz made some time to help me with this project this week so i'd like to get him as much info and data as i can. firstly i need some help from you guys since i'm pretty new to this device

1: can someone post a link for getting an emulator running of the f900bt (i'm at work and we're not supposed to use the internet, lol)

2: how can i dump the os from my unit to sd or usb so i can load it in the emu and send him a zip of everything?

i know i could do alot of searching and reading, i'm sure someone on here chuck88 *cough* can point me in the right direction

Please refer here for the Download of the Emulator: Emulator Thread.

To run the WinCE5 Emulator with Chuck88's settings, follow those instructions:

1) Unzip "Chuck88's AVIC Emulator for WinCE5.zip".

1) Make "Chuck88's AVIC Emulator for WinCE5" the current folder.

2) Double click on standalone_emulator_V1.exe to start installation of the Emulator under Windows.

3) Copy one MAP file with the .FBL extension to iGo-chuck88\CONTENT\MAP.

4) [Optional] Copy one BUILDING file with .3DL extension to iGo-chuck88\CONTENT\BUILDING.

5) [Optional] Copy one POI file with .POI extension to iGo-chuck88\CONTENT\POI.

6) Launch RUN_iGo_Chuck88.bat.

7) Enjoy modding!

Note: If you have a 64-bit Windows OS, make sure to edit the RUN_iGo_Chuck88.bat to add " (x86)"

without the quotes to "Program Files" before launching it.