AVIC411.com

Leaving iPod connected

My USB cable runs into my glovebox and I don't want the trouble of connecting an iPod all the time. I could just keep an SD or USB flash drive in all the time but then of course you won't get all the good feature of the ipod (album art, VR, artist menus, etc..)

I have an new generation iPod nano that I would like to just keep connected to the cable 100% of the time. Has anyone tried this? Any issues?

I've had an iPod Touch hooked up to my Z110BT full time for about a year now with absolutely no issues.

I have had 3 different ipods hooked up all the time with no problems, the latest is an old 3g phone used as an ipod and it is fine. Every once in a while I have had to hard reboot the ipod but few and far between.

• 1 month later...

I think you have less problems when you keep it plugged in. If you don't turn pandora or your iPod off on the head unit, then turn it off on your phone, then you can disconnect. If you don't do it in that order, it gets all glitchy and can only be fixed by a hard reboot. I wish I could have a iPhone4 and leave it plugged in all the time to save me the hassle of the disconnect regiment.