AVIC411.com

130BT Bypassed.

Hi All,

Looks like a fairly simple bypass. Call me stupid, but can you tell me if I have to buy each wire adaptor? Or does it come with the unit itself?

Secondly, I had an AVIC Z-2 that was bypassed. My truck was broken into and the jerk stole the unit. Can I reuse the adapters? Or will I need new ones for the Z130BT?

The HU comes with its necessary wiring harnesses that plug in to the back of the unit. These are model specific and are different than the Z2. An "adapter" would be used to interface with your vehicle's factory radio harness. The Pioneer harness would connect to this, rather than cutting and splicing your factory wiring. If you had (and still have - after the jerk) an adapter for your vehicle, you will need to cut/splice the new HU harness to the adapter wires. You'll still need to connect things like VSS, PB, B/U, ILL that may not be part of the factory radio harness.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The HU comes with its necessary wiring harnesses that plug in to the back of the unit. These are model specific and are different than the Z2. An "adapter" would be used to interface with your vehicle's factory radio harness. The Pioneer harness would connect to this, rather than cutting and splicing your factory wiring. If you had (and still have - after the jerk) an adapter for your vehicle, you will need to cut/splice the new HU harness to the adapter wires. You'll still need to connect things like VSS, PB, B/U, ILL that may not be part of the factory radio harness.

Thanks for the help! This clarifies it quite simply.

• 2 months later...

Ok...call me stupid...After I connect the yellow mute wire, the parking brake wire, and the ground together, do they still need to be grounded to somewhere metal on the truck? Or by putting them together, and attaching a connector to it, that suffices for it being "grounded"?

• 4 weeks later...

i have an 08 chevy silverado 2500 Duramax and want to know if theres anything special i need to do when doing the bypass because of on star or anything. i already had the HU installed but they wouldnt bypass for me... and my pioneer date is april 2011 i think wanted to know if they made it unable to do the bypass???? i read something on youtube about it let me know thanks

i have an 08 chevy silverado 2500 Duramax and want to know if theres anything special i need to do when doing the bypass because of on star or anything. i already had the HU installed but they wouldnt bypass for me... and my pioneer date is april 2011 i think wanted to know if they made it unable to do the bypass???? i read something on youtube about it let me know thanks

OnStar has nothing to do with the bypass - except that the Mute wire, which is normally moved to do the bypass, might already be used by OnStar. That would be a problem - only because you need some compatible wire to insert into the "bypass" position in the harness. The Mute wire is the common choice - only because it is normally not used. You'll need another wire to insert instead. Sorry, I can't help with Onstar, never touched one.

• 2 weeks later...