AVIC411.com

130BT Bypassed.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like the wiring harnes on the 130 is different than the one on the 120 and 110. Where exactly is the mute wire moved to? The positioning of this wire is on the bottom left row, second from the end.

O = Open spot, X = Mute wire, and w = other wires.

Here is a what the factory harness looks like:

oowwwwwwwwww

oXwwwwwwwwww

Thanks in advance for your help!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes, and that is the recommended way it you have an external system like OnStar.

How do you go about getting an extra wire if you decide to keep the mute wire in place? I have OnStar services and no extra harness to get a wire from.

How do you go about getting an extra wire if you decide to keep the mute wire in place? I have OnStar services and no extra harness to get a wire from.

The problem is finding extra pins that are compatible with the connector. They aren't sold at Radio Shack. And even if you can find a vendor, you can't just buy a couple. I think you needed to buy in bulk. One member was selling wires from an extra harness. I guess you could buy one and could part-it out. The wire color doesn't matter. You could sell all the pin/wires over time - but would it gross enough to pay the cost and justify the effort?

• 1 month later...

I did it on my Z130 and had no problems. Be veryyy veryyy careful when removing the pin. Do not rush it or force it or else you will break it!

I used a needle nose to pull it out while lifting the plastic cap on the harness with a mini flat head and sharp knife; be careful not to cut yourself. This seem to do the trick and took less than 5 minutes, don't rush!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Looks like a fairly simple bypass. Call me stupid, but can you tell me if I have to buy each wire adaptor? Or does it come with the unit itself?

Secondly, I had an AVIC Z-2 that was bypassed. My truck was broken into and the jerk stole the unit. Can I reuse the adapters? Or will I need new ones for the Z130BT?