AVIC411.com

130BT Bypassed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Same thing with my bypass as Alky181. I did exactly what the Youytube video showed. As soon as I start driving, the ADDRESS touch command goes gray. All is fine when stopped and in gear with P-brake off. However, I do get the message about the P-brake being disconnected.

My unit was already installed by a shop that said they were liable if they did the mod, so I had to do it. The P-brake (light green) wire was already connnected up. I just cut the wire and connected like the vid and left the end running to the P-brake connected.I am thinking that I need to connect that cut lead as well to the ground.

Any thoughts?

Same thing with my bypass as Alky181. I did exactly what the Youytube video showed. As soon as I start driving, the ADDRESS touch command goes gray. All is fine when stopped and in gear with P-brake off. However, I do get the message about the P-brake being disconnected.

My unit was already installed by a shop that said they were liable if they did the mod, so I had to do it. The P-brake (light green) wire was already connnected up. I just cut the wire and connected like the vid and left the end running to the P-brake connected.I am thinking that I need to connect that cut lead as well to the ground.

Any thoughts?

I'm having a similar problem. Avic z140bh already installed professionally. I've grounded the green wire and moved the mute pin up just like in the video etc and grounded. Functions still shut off when driving. Any thought?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

this is the exact thread i need.

i'm having problems similar to the last few guys. ford f150 w/ sync, ms-frd1 harness, and the pioneer Z140. used an extra wire for the parking brake bypass. tested it out before assembling the rest of the dash and it worked great. could use full nav functions while driving. then i used the mute wire for the sync and tested it out and LOST the parking brake bypass. why? am i doing something wrong? do i need an extra pin because i am now using BOTH the mute wire AND the extra / unoccupied slot?

someone help me out here. thanks!!

UPDATE:

i pulled the unit back out to see what the deal was. turns out everything was connected (mostly) property; the right wires were connected; wires were grounded appropriately; BUT, the bypass wire had slipped ever-so-slightly from its seat in the pioneer harness and no longer had a good connection. so i pushed it back in, made sure the plastic stop in the harness was in the full lock/down position, and TaDah! it works like a champ now!

good info in this forum. thanks guys!

• 4 weeks later...

If i am using and ms-frd1 harness ( to retain my ford sync) will that mean I cant use the jute wire since I need that for sync? Anyone try this?

Check Out the Microbypass.com Website they sell the replacement Pins. there the same for the Avic X & Z. Ive been using them I go thru about 10 every 2 weeks.