AVIC411.com

Caution screen no backup cam

Installed a P4300dvd in my girlfriends car 2 weeks ago. Did the relay bypass Remote wire to relay to power parking break wire. Been working great for 2 weeks no and then yesterday we got into the car and the "CAUTION SCREEN MAY APEAR REVERSED" message was on the display. The only buttons that work are SOURCE and VOLUME...

You can flip through the sources and even power the unit down but you cant see anything on the screen BUT the caution message.

What is the fix for this? Do i just need to pull it out and power it completely off.. to reboot it

Installed a P4300dvd in my girlfriends car 2 weeks ago. Did the relay bypass Remote wire to relay to power parking break wire. Been working great for 2 weeks no and then yesterday we got into the car and the "CAUTION SCREEN MAY APEAR REVERSED" message was on the display. The only buttons that work are SOURCE and VOLUME...

You can flip through the sources and even power the unit down but you cant see anything on the screen BUT the caution message.

What is the fix for this? Do i just need to pull it out and power it completely off.. to reboot it

when you push on SOURCE, it should expand the menu to the right. you'll see an option REARVIEW if i recall correctly (i'm @ work right now and won't be able to verify until i get out). press that and it should go to the normal view. that's the toggle to allow you to drive around with the headunit acting as a makeshift rearview mirror. hope that helps.

• 3 weeks later...

same thing happened to my when i tried to hook-up my gf's back-up camera.. everytime i get that message (blank screen) "CAUTION SCREEN MAY APEAR REVERSED". i pressed the source button but the blank screen never go. but the audio works.. what i did is i pressed the reset button then it'll be gone. i can't hook-up the back-up camera on her car!

btw, she has a P3200BT HU...

same thing happened to my when i tried to hook-up my gf's back-up camera.. everytime i get that message (blank screen) "CAUTION SCREEN MAY APEAR REVERSED". i pressed the source button but the blank screen never go. but the audio works.. what i did is i pressed the reset button then it'll be gone. i can't hook-up the back-up camera on her car!

btw, she has a P3200BT HU...

I'm thinking that you may have the camera polarity reversed. try switching from ground to battery or vice versa.