AVIC411.com

New x920bt Owner/Rookie User...help wanted

Hey Guys,

I recently got the x920bt installed in my 2010 Ford Explorer. I was recommended to this site by someone who said it is a great place to find cool tricks and tools for the unit. Excuse my lack of knowledge or experience in the matter but as I said I am new to this stuff and to be quite honest some of the terminology you guys use seems to be foreign to me. If anyoen could provide me with any basic help to use my new toy for all that its worth it would be greatly appreciated. I have a 16gb micro SD card in my phone that I inserted into the SD Card slot but nothing seemed to happen and I couldnt quite find a way to begin to use it. Is their a trick to having pictures, backgrounds, start up screens or even slide shows or anything of the sort? Also, I think i saw that different maps and layouts are available as well, does that remain true for this model?

Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance and I will continue to check back for answers.

The best thing to do with a new unit especially if you are now to these types of units is to have a read through the owners manual. There is a PDF version you can download from Pioneer's web site that will allow you to search for specific topics contain within the manual. Also a read through the many threads on this forum will help as well.

The best thing to do with a new unit especially if you are now to these types of units is to have a read through the owners manual. There is a PDF version you can download from Pioneer's web site that will allow you to search for specific topics contain within the manual. Also a read through the many threads on this forum will help as well.

I actually do not have a manual for mine thats why I was looking into any tricks of the trade, I will look into the .pdf manual but I was told this site was a good source to find some cool features/tricks that you may not find in a manual.

anyone else that could provide some insight?

I actually do not have a manual for mine thats why I was looking into any tricks of the trade, I will look into the .pdf manual but I was told this site was a good source to find some cool features/tricks that you may not find in a manual.

anyone else that could provide some insight?

Vblue sent you down the right path, yes, there are things you can learn here that are not in the manual, however they all assume that you have read the manual FIRST and that you understand the concepts that are past the stock manual functions.

Before you can run you have to learn to walk, it's an important step a lot of folks leave out.

Download and read the PDF manual from Pioneer first, then come back and add to that knowledge

Hey Guys,

I recently got the x920bt installed in my 2010 Ford Explorer. I was recommended to this site by someone who said it is a great place to find cool tricks and tools for the unit. Excuse my lack of knowledge or experience in the matter but as I said I am new to this stuff and to be quite honest some of the terminology you guys use seems to be foreign to me. If anyoen could provide me with any basic help to use my new toy for all that its worth it would be greatly appreciated. I have a 16gb micro SD card in my phone that I inserted into the SD Card slot but nothing seemed to happen and I couldnt quite find a way to begin to use it. Is their a trick to having pictures, backgrounds, start up screens or even slide shows or anything of the sort? Also, I think i saw that different maps and layouts are available as well, does that remain true for this model?

Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance and I will continue to check back for answers.

I had a few "issues" with my SD car in the beginning, try formatting in your computer first and then copy files or movies to it. Also, look into the mod to bypass the parking brake. You just move the mute wire over one slot, it is a pain in the butt to do, as I tried doing mine and ended up screwing up the pin. I ordered a Molex pin and I'm waiting on it to come in. You can change the Splash screen at start up. I'm still trying to figure mine out also, as I turned off the EcoGraph, but it still comes up when I just have the Nav screen up and I've turned it off. I'm still working on it though. It does no good on my GTO for the EcoGraph, lol. Good luck though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...