AVIC411.com

I have already heard a lot on how bad the bluetooth calling is because of the built in mic. My question is can you purchase an external mic and have it replace the one that is built in? If so which one do you guys recommend?

The mic isn't built-in, it is external. I have no problems or complaints with mine, after finding a good location. There is a mini-plug on the back of the unit that works with many mics. However, it does not have noise cancing logic. The AVIC has a setting called "Echo Cancel" or something. I found that improves the quality.

Search and you will find some people have had luck with Parrot,Garmin and other mics.

If the VR system isn't working for ANY command, the mic is probably plugged into the remote control jack and not the mic jack. It's easy enough to test by calling someone.

Mine is 100% in the correct jack. I have tried spinning, pushing, and pulling the plug to get some sort of feedback from the mic. I am assuming it is a mic issue.

Mine is 100% in the correct jack. I have tried spinning, pushing, and pulling the plug to get some sort of feedback from the mic. I am assuming it is a mic issue.

Have you tried calling someone via the touch screen and seeing if they can hear you?