AVIC411.com

Bluetooth gone after firmware update

Hello,

Everything had been working great with my x920bt until I updated the firmware. Now my Bluetooth no longer works. Under Bluetooth settings, everything is grayed out except for 'firmware update,' which shows the version as blank. Under the service information screen the bluetooth version is '-----------'.

I have called Pioneer customer support and they had me try resetting user settings. When that didn’t work, they told me that the install was corrupt and to remove the unit and send it in to them for repairs. I am really trying to avoid having to go through all of the effort of having to uninstall the unit and not having it for a few weeks.

1. Is it possible to find and update the bluetooth firmware individually? If so, where and how?

2. Is there a way to reinstall the update (AVICZ110)?

3. Is it possible to restore to an earlier point?

4. Any other ideas/suggestions?

Thank you for any help that you may be able to provide.

post-50873-0-15762600-1300839091_thumb.jpg

You can download the BT Firmware from Pioneer's website.

I have looked extensively but am unable to find the bt firmware on Pioneer's website. The only bt firmware update I was able to find is for the f-series. Could you recommend a specific file to look for?

Thank you for your help.

I have looked extensively but am unable to find the bt firmware on Pioneer's website. The only bt firmware update I was able to find is for the f-series. Could you recommend a specific file to look for?

Thank you for your help.

http://ds1.downloadtech.net/cn1010/firmware/AVIC/AVICZ110.zip

Instructions: http://ds1.downloadtech.net/cn1010/firmware/AVIC/Instructions%20for%20AVIC-X920BT%202.003000.pdf

I think that there was a miscommunication. Unless I am missing something, I did not think that I could re-install the unit's firmware update as my system already has application version 2.003. What I am looking for is the bluetooth firmware only as it shows as missing (see photo). Is it a possiblity to only find and re-install the firmware for only the bluetooth? I have unsuccessfully tried to re-install AVICZ110. Is there is a trick to get it to re-install?

Thank you again.

post-50873-0-82732700-1300912989_thumb.jpg

The 'firmware update' button is grayed out when I have the AVICZ110 on the card. I did also format the card and put on CNSD-110FM-SD2 and the button was not grayed out. When I did proceed with the update however, it gave an error after about 10 minutes of trying to update. I tried twice with no luck. Any ideas?

Thanks again for any help.

I have the same problem, except I upgraded my firmware months ago and now all of a sudden ,out of the blue the bluetooth stopped working and it is not showing any bluetooth firmware, I also tried to reinstall the 2.003 firmware from the same micro SD card I used for both my 920 units and it will not do anything , Called pioneer and they say to send it in ? This may be and end with pioneer products, very unhappy consumer. It should be no problem to reinstall, but then again it should have never just disappeared. Any other thoughts

Don't blame me or Pioneer if this bricks your bluetooth, as this is intended for the Z120. Do this at your own risk.

Step1: Extract BT_FW_3_10_2.zip

onto the root directory of your SD card. It should create a folder named "Firmware"

Step2: Boot up your AVIC-Z110 and press Home-Settings-Bluetooth Settings -

Firmware Update

Step3: After the 3_10_2 is complete, extract BT_FW_3_11_2.zip

onto the root directory of your SD card. It should create a folder named "Firmware"

Step4: Boot up your AVIC-Z110 and press Home-Settings-Bluetooth Settings -

Firmware Update

The update will take about 4 minutes.

Well, I gave it a shot but received the same message: "an error has occurred. The update has failed." Unless there are any other thoughts/suggestions, I guess my only option is to uninstall the unit and send it in to Pioneer. Thank you again for all of your help.

• 3 months later...

Skikab, did you send your unit in to Pioneer, or did you ever find a way to get the bluetooth to work again? I have been having the same problem for months now, and I finally decided to call Pioneer Customer Service. They said that the bluetooth chip is broken, and that it's unrelated to the firmware update. Who knows if that's entirely true, but I'm sending my unit in. I can update you in 3 weeks...

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, was a lurker while scouting the unit before the x920bt (x910bt?). Anyhow, took the plunge last summer on the 920 and had a mostly flawless installation including the bypass. Anyhow, my BT disappeared over time. At first it only happened after my car was left in the 100 degree heat for awhile. I'd get in and boom, my phone wouldn't pair. I figured, ok, doesn't like to be cooked in the sun. No problem, it didn't happen that often. Eventually, a few weeks ago, it stopped pairing all the time.

When I called support, the guy was pretty direct and not sympathetic, but took me through a few troubleshooting steps and when we got to 'connection status' in the 'nav settings' he wanted me to engage and release the parking brake and report on whether the status switched from off to on. Obviously it wouldn't as I've already admitted I'd done the bypass. Not being able to admit that to him though, we ended the call with his advising me to have the installation checked.

From what I could get from him, there was not anything necessarily wrong with the bluetooth. It was just listed as being 'off' in the bluetooth settings page. I was unable to access these greyed out buttons, because the deck uses some kind of switch (can't remember what he called it) that made these (and other, I imagine) menu options available when the deck detected the parking brake being set. The fact that the deck reported the brake as being 'on' wasn't enough to make the settings available.

So, was this BS from a pioneer support guy trained to identify a bypassed (and thus warranty voided) deck quickly? or is this real? Either way, I would suppose that the next step would be to "un-bypass" the unit so that I had stock brake action going on and then go to bluetooth settings and switch BT back on.

Thoughts?

PS: I posted this under BT gone after firmware update even though I lost mine prior to updating firmware. It should also be noted that I updated the firmware this evening as an option of trying to trick the BT back on. Initially, it looked like that had worked, but eventually the BT shut back off on the page reporting it's on/off status.

Racer-X, I tried firmware stuff and experienced the same thing you went through where it looked like the BT was working, but then shut off after a bit. The Pioneer rep I spoke to didn't ask me anything like that. I told him that the Bluetooth Firmware version was all dashes like the OP mentioned, and he knew that the unit was messed up and told me to send it in. Hopefully your unit is still under warranty, but if it is, you should try calling them again and mentioning the Bluetooth Firmware version. Pioneer ended up sending me a refurbished one instead of fixing my old unit, and it seems to be working OK. The thing is that it will only pair with my phone, and not my wife's phone. Still, I guess it's better than no BT at all...