AVIC411.com

Bluetooth gone after firmware update

• 1 year later...

Yeah, I just tried all of these options previously listed and no help. Please let me know if there are any NEW ideas that have developed over time as i see this topic is now almost 2 years old. I currently have this problem and it just started for me. I bought the unit when it 1st came out. (whatever year that was)

Many thanks,

Shaun

• 7 months later...

I tried to do the f/w update but since I had already done that years ago it did nothing but the f/w version for the BT now showed.  I did a factory reset in the system settings window and my BT started working again but had lost all remembered devices.  No big deal because the cause of this in the first place was wanting to pair my new Galaxy S4 with my Pioneer x920bt.  All is good now.

• 4 months later...

Don't blame me or Pioneer if this bricks your bluetooth, as this is intended for the Z120. Do this at your own risk.

Step1: Extract attachicon.gifBT_FW_3_10_2.zip

onto the root directory of your SD card. It should create a folder named "Firmware"

Step2: Boot up your AVIC-Z110 and press Home-Settings-Bluetooth Settings -

Firmware Update

Step3: After the 3_10_2 is complete, extract attachicon.gifBT_FW_3_11_2.zip

onto the root directory of your SD card. It should create a folder named "Firmware"

Step4: Boot up your AVIC-Z110 and press Home-Settings-Bluetooth Settings -

Firmware Update

The update will take about 4 minutesI

I was reading through this post because my AVIC-x920Bt is having the same Bluetooth Problems and the Map update on Pirate Bay doesnt seem to exist anymore.As  for the BT file...I was  wondering if installing the second file would work since this model came with version 3.11 installed...Any Ideas??

• 1 month later...

I would like to bump this thread. I recently deleted the prg0 and prg1 files and replaced them with the 2.03 files downloaded from Pioneer's website.

The unit has since stopped rebooting at the splash screen (which is amazing, thx for the info!)

The gps works, and finds a signal fine.. all other aspects of the radio work fine.

If i check my settings there is no firmware version listed for the bluetooth. I tried using the two update files listed earlier in this thread but it always gave me an error after 5-10 minutes of waiting.

I tried running a legit update off an SD card but my radio doesnt "automatically start the update process" as stated on pioneer's website.

Any info on how to fix this would be great, Ive made a lot of progress on this radio since finding your site.. so thanks!

Currently have the power and 12v start wire connected to a power source.
Currently have the parking break wired into the ground wire.. connected to a ground on the power source.

Am I missing some sort of wiring fix or is this strictly a firmware issue? Once again, thx for all the knowledge so far!

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...
JasonH, on 26 Mar 2011 - 01:24 AM, said:

Don't blame me or Pioneer if this bricks your bluetooth, as this is intended for the Z120. Do this at your own risk.

Step1: Extract attachicon.gifBT_FW_3_10_2.zip

Step2: Boot up your AVIC-Z110 and press Home-Settings-Bluetooth Settings -

Firmware Update

Step3: After the 3_10_2 is complete, extract attachicon.gifBT_FW_3_11_2.zip

Step4: Boot up your AVIC-Z110 and press Home-Settings-Bluetooth Settings -

Firmware Update

The update will take about 4 minutes.

Thank you Sir.

This worked for me. This morning my Bluetooth, while I was streaming music, randomly just stopped, and then the Bluetooth was literally inoperable. Have been using the system for about 2 years with no problems and randomly the Bluetooth part of it just stopped working. Same symptoms as others, options greyed out, firmware showing '------', etc. 

I have already done the application update manually before, so didn't bother with that but the Bluetooth firmware files you posted were perfect. I did the first update initially, and the Bluetooth actually started working at this point already for me, but I did the second one anyway. Both updates took about 5 minutes.

:-D

• 1 month later...

Ok witnessed another problem after this above method which helped me.

It seems that everytime I turn the bluetooth off, the bluetooth software gets screwed up. When turning bluetooth off the the bluetooth settings menu on the unit, the bluetooth turns off but cannot be turned on again. When you try it just kind of keeps loading then sometimes I end up in the same state I was with the previous issue where things are blanked out.

Fortunately, the software/firmware update still works after. This software is very ropey, so a heads up for anyone else with same problem.

• 8 months later...

You followed the instructions of a 5 yr old post and loaded BT v3.11? What headunit do you have? Z110, Z120, Z130, Z140? What app/map version are you running? I believe the current BT is v3.32. It comes with the 2015 map upgrade.

Where can you find this combo 2015 map / Bluetooth upgrade?  And do you know if it kills the voice recognition features of the x920bt headunit?  I seem to remember reading that a certain upgrade killed the VR system, which I use frequently, but have finally been hit by the dreaded "greyed out Bluetooth menus" problem.  The unit has been bypassed, so sending into Pioneer would be useless and expensive

Thank you Sir.

This worked for me. This morning my Bluetooth, while I was streaming music, randomly just stopped, and then the Bluetooth was literally inoperable. Have been using the system for about 2 years with no problems and randomly the Bluetooth part of it just stopped working. Same symptoms as others, options greyed out, firmware showing '------', etc. 

I have already done the application update manually before, so didn't bother with that but the Bluetooth firmware files you posted were perfect. I did the first update initially, and the Bluetooth actually started working at this point already for me, but I did the second one anyway. Both updates took about 5 minutes.

:-D

regarding time - did each update take 5 minutes, or did each update take 2 1/2 minutes? Thanks

Ok witnessed another problem after this above method which helped me.

It seems that everytime I turn the bluetooth off, the bluetooth software gets screwed up. When turning bluetooth off the the bluetooth settings menu on the unit, the bluetooth turns off but cannot be turned on again. When you try it just kind of keeps loading then sometimes I end up in the same state I was with the previous issue where things are blanked out.

Fortunately, the software/firmware update still works after. This software is very ropey, so a heads up for anyone else with same problem.

The fix, loading 10.2 and 11.0, also worked for me. And yes, turning OFF Bluetooth caused the meltdown. Extremely crap software from Pioneer, especially when their solution is to milk customers for $230, when they likely know this fix will work. Last Pioneer auto product I'll likely purchase

• 4 weeks later...

My media audio turns off and cannot be turned back on. The song will start and the box will uncheck itself after a moment.

I have the AVIC X930BT and just installed the 6.0 that came with 2015 maps.

The media audio is either on for a brief moment or the check mark just won't go into the box.

Please advise. I did the remove battery for 30 minutes, but they yielded no results

• 1 year later...

A little help for anyone who stumbles upon this thread looking for help with their Bluetooth failure after a firmware update.  Follow this thread as it took me a long time to find it under many search queries.  This thread fixed my --------- firmware issue with my bluetooth.