AVIC411.com

Backups of F Series

Did you skip backing up your F90BT / F900BT / F700BT?

Postby GeoGTO on Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:31 am Well, you are in luck...

I noticed that a lot of folks jump this rather critical step in hacking their AVIC. There are several threads on here where you can find them, but some require you to register on the site (and pay for it in some cases) in order to get the files in a timely fashion.

I have a hosted account with unlimited bandwidth, so I've decided to help out.

ftp://www.turboss.com'>ftp://www.turboss.com

Username: avicuser Password: Avic411

(The username and password are case sensitive)

You will find the F90BT files in RAR format (big thanks to Minifreezer). If you have files to other AVIC units, please contact me and I will upload them there for anyone that needs them. I am not sure how fast (or slow) this will be, but like I said it is unlimited bandwidth so they'll be there indefinitely.

The f700bt is up. 17 100MB zip files. The RAR compression system is nice because it allows for separate files instead of one large file. Downloading the files individually is nice in case the download fails you don't need to grab the whole thing again; just the piece you didn't get.

When you decompress it, it will decompress it in sequence automatically giving you the files and folders just like when they were compressed.

INSTRUCTIONS TO RESTORE MY FLASH DISK

Postby bigwill1323704 on Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:43 am INSTRUCTIONS TO RESTORE MY FLASH DISK

ftp://www.turboss.com

Username: avicuser Password: Avic411

(The username and password are case sensitive)

You will find the F90BT files in RAR format (big thanks to Minifreezer). If you have files to other AVIC units, please contact me and I will upload them there for anyone that needs them. I am not sure how fast (or slow) this will be, but like I said it is unlimited bandwidth so they'll be there indefinitely.

I AM NOT THE AUTHOR FOR UPLOADING THE FILES AND HOSTING THEM ALL RESPECT AND THANKS FOES OUT TO (GeoGTO) I ONLY GIVE YOU INSTRUCTIONS ON WITH I FOLLOWED

1. DL ALL AVIC BACK UP FILES 2. EXTRACT WITH WINRAR TO SEPARATE FOLDER 3.COPY My Flash Disk- TO SD CARD OR USB DRIVE. 4.BOOT AVIC IN TEST MODE. 4. OPEN WINDOWS EXPLORE/MY FLASH DISK 5>DELETE ALL FILES THAT ARE NOT IN FOLDERS FIRST. 6.DELETE ALL FOLDER EXCEPT APL2. 7. DELETE FOLDER APL2. 8. COPY FILE FROM SD/USB DRIVE TO MY FLASH DISK IN SAME DELETING PROCEDURE.

THE REASON WHY YOU DELETE/COPY A FEW FILE AT A TIME IS BECAUSE IT WILL SPEED UP THE PROCESS/ COPYING/DELETING THE WHOLE FOLDER AT ONCE WILL TAKE A LOT LONGER

LET ME KNOW IF THIS HELPS ANY QUESTION PM ME.

bigwill1323704

Top Re: Did you skip backing up your F90BT?

Postby apathyps on Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:59 pm thanks for these instructions. heading to the car now...

update**

this worked. i did it in conjunction with another poster recommending that you first redo the 2.0 update.

thank you for saving me the hassle of sending in my unit for 2 or 3 weeks.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

hey man i really need help with unit, how can i restored tthe firmware my unit starts and and messagge please wait never disappears, I already try to updated the software and nothing, do I have to eerase and install the firmware again??? where can i get this files??? thanks

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

the flash disk is for europeen unit only  take a sd card with testmode  inside and  the flash disk i give you and copy him with total commander and he work fine 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4MAukIOceEXY1FYUEtOeUdtN1k/view?usp=sharing

Guizmo,

Merci bien! ;)

Your install helped me out alot, since my F700bt was completely dead. Just 2 more questions:

- Where do I find maps?

- Can I change the colors/layout back to standard?

Cheers and thanks again!