AVIC411.com

Gps signal issue

So i bought my x920bt off amazon and had it professionally installed last week. I didn't notice right away b/c i didnt use the navigation at first but my unit doesnt always connect to the satellites. Sometimes when i check the connection there are NO bars next to gps and 0 red and yellow satellites connected. Other times it does connect and function properly with bars and everything. There is no rhyme or reason either. My antenna is on the top of my car, there is no obstruction and it hasnt had anything to do with the weather. It has worked during rain and not during a clear day. When it doesnt connect my map is way off... im talking blocks off on the wrong street. Next to GPS in the navi settings it always says "OK" meaning the antenna is connected. I called pioneer and they will be sending me a new antenna.

My question is, does this sound like a faulty antenna? Bad wiring? Or a defective unit? I'm really really hoping it's just the antenna but i'm not sure. Everything else on the unit has worked flawlessly and i'd hate to have to send the whole thing in and wait to get it back for a month.

Thanks in advance.

It could be any of the above. It could be a bad antenna. it could be that the antenna wire is pinched or crimped somewhere along the way. or it could be the X920 itself. you'll probably be able to rule out/confirm the first two once you install the new antenna. take your time and make sure the wire doesnt get pinched anywhere. if you still have problems it very well may be the unit itself.