AVIC411.com

AVIC-X930BT won't play any video files

I'm having the same problems. I tried using your advice JasonH. I downloaded Handbrake and the simpsons video file. the simpsons file works on my usb. I tried everything with the other files but cannot get them to play at all. I've used handbrake to convert them but no luck. What are you doing to the files to make them play on the AVIC? What are your suggestions???

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have converted a 3min movie with different bitrates and video formats to get see which one is more sutable with quality for media playback, I want to avoid using the dvd player and running everything from an external 500gb hdd.

First I formatted the HDD to FAT32 which gives me the 4gb per file limitation, I can live with that.

The problem is, no video I encoded works; mp4, avi, .divx, wmv, .h264 all error out.

The unit is either skipping media, no media found or resolution errors.

Has anyone been able to get any video files working from usb?

I am using TMPGEnc Express to convert the videos so I have numerous settings I can work with.

After days of trying I finally figured it out. Thanks to Jason, Use the handbrake program to convert the picture size. Set custum at 320 x 176. On the video tab, make sure it is MPEG and bit rate all the way to the right at 1. This worked once I used these settings.

• 2 months later...

Handbreak settings that work on my 930 BT:

Output settings, Container = mp4 file (no checks)

Picture tab =

Width 624 x (keep aspect ratio)

Anamorphic = none

Modulus = 16

Cropping automatic

Video Filters tab = all off

Video tab =

Video Codec MPEG-4 (FFmpeg)

Framerate = same as source

Choose Video size (MB): = 24 (<--important)

Leave Audio, Subtitles, Chapters, and Advanced to their defaults.

• 4 months later...

I am having no success with playing videos from my sd card. I have tried just about every option on here and have had no success. I keep getting the "tracks that cannot be played will be skipped" error. I am using a sandisk 32 gb micro sd card and just plan on putting movies on it. Someone please help me because I am losing my mind.

I am having no success with playing videos from my sd card. I have tried just about every option on here and have had no success. I keep getting the "tracks that cannot be played will be skipped" error. I am using a sandisk 32 gb micro sd card and just plan on putting movies on it. Someone please help me because I am losing my mind.

can you play mp3 music, or view JPEGs on the card? make sure its FAT32 not eFAT or some other newer table structure

I have an AVH-8400 and I encode to fileext: MP4 (MPEG4 800x480) AAC Audio, and it work's great.

I believe there is a Pioneer 2GB limit per file (Not 4GB noted above, but that might just be my unit)

cant get the streaming files I captured with real player to work on my 930. they are in mp4 format. tried using handbrake with no results

Is your encoder h.264. Or MPEG4?

I've found the same same resolution file I've converted (from FLV YouTube) only work in my unit if I choose MPEG4 over H.264.

Even though my manual states it can handle h.264.