AVIC411.com

AVH-P4300 up and running...

I recently chose the avh-p4300dvd to replace the factory unit in my Impala.

Install was complicated due to GM's use of the classII data bus controlling many functions in the car.

In addition to the radio, I bought an adapter designed to be used with the data bus and factory amp.

The complication arose since I had previously installed amps (fronts and sub)to the factory radio and utilized the factory wiring to send the amplified signal to the front (replacement) speakers. To do this I disconnected the wiring from the factory amp and connected those to the aftermarket amp. Now I had no output for the data bus controlled chime signal normally output to the front left speaker.

Aftermuch deliberation I concluded that if I swapped some harness pins around I could send the front chime output to the rear output of the new radio then to the factory amp still driving the rear speakers. This succeeded in giving me the chime signal through the rear speaker at a semi low level. Not perfect but functional.

I then investigated bypass options and chose the relay method that has been working flawlessly.

I have also done the AutoEQ (since I have the microphone from my Pioneer AV receiver) and feel it sounds pretty good. Before that, Flat is the only setting I would choose to use.

The next move is to aquire the correct Ipod cable for video.

I have a question though, for those with the appropriate knowledge. Can the background chosen be shown over the chosen source graphics? If so, how?

This is my first Pioneer Car Audio product and I have high hopes.

So far I love this radio and hope it is a solid unit that lasts for awhile.