AVIC411.com

Avic-F900BT wont boot,cant enter test mode.

Hey everyone,I have done extensive reading over the last few days before deciding to make this post.I have a F900bt that when its powered up,nothing shows on the screen,the cd spins up for a second,but wont eject,the buttons light for about 20 seconds and then thats it,only the fan running.

Now if I try to enter test mode by pressing reset, eject, map and menu,the lights on the unit fade up and down,but still nothing on the screen,just the fan running.The unit is stock as far as I know,but out of warranty and I really dont want to ship it off to pioneer for the $200 fix.

Anyone have any suggestions?Im very electronically inclined and am not opposed to opening this radio up if it can save me some cash.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To enter service mode u press MENU,RESET,MAP AND EJECT when the screen goes black u release ONLY reset but keep holding MENU, MAP AND EJECT. That will take u to service mode NOT test mode....... To get to test mode u must download TESTMODE files to an sd card insert the sd card and it will automatically get u to test mode.

To enter service mode u press MENU,RESET,MAP AND EJECT when the screen goes black u release ONLY reset but keep holding MENU, MAP AND EJECT. That will take u to service mode NOT test mode....... To get to test mode u must download TESTMODE files to an sd card insert the sd card and it will automatically get u to test mode.

Im sorry I called it test mode.Service mode is what I meant.The problem is the screen is ALWAYS black.When I power on the unit,the screen is black and the buttons light for about 20 seconds then go off,the fan stays on.If I try to enter service mode,the buttons fade up and down and the fan runs,Screen still black.

Would it matter that Im using a power supply to power it,meaning that both power wires are recieving power at the same time instead of the constant already being powered before the ignition?Thats all I can come up with at the time.

No, it shouldn't matter that you are using a power supply. It will take longer than 5 seconds on some units. I hold all 4 buttons in for 12 seconds then release the reset and hold the remaining 3 in. If you listen closely, you will hear a change in fan speed and it may take up to another 12 seconds for the blue screen to appear. It may take 3 or 4 tries using this method. Make sure you are holding all the buttons in that your supposed to be. Good luck!

I have the exact same issue!

Starts up, screen is blank, lights go off after about 15-20 seconds, but the fan stays on.

Can't enter test mode or get anything on screen. And when holding down the buttons to get into service mode, my lights change to blue and start to flash repeatedly.

Help!