AVIC411.com

Avic-S1 hacks & Mods...

Ok... after browsing some French forums and other places I found some nice mods and hacks that weren't meant for the S1 but works anyway.

A) You can access the WinCE interface without replacing any files:

• Turn off the device using the on/off button on the back
    Now hold MENU and the VOLUME rolling key (just hold down)
    Turn the device back on

Now you should see a dialog asking if you want to load the WinCE interface.

B) The hardware is almost the same as the MIOMAP 310x so I was able to install the miomap (iGO) software on it.

C) Here is a webiste http://benji46.free.fr/ that got some tools, the best one is the WINCE unlocker, read the site for more info.

For now that's it. I still looking for a way to dump the rom so I can make (hopefully) some changes on the wince so I won't loose my settings when I do a on/off thing.

• 2 months later...
This should work: http://benji46.free.fr/GPS/WinCE%20Unlocker%20V3.rar

Just extract the files on your SD card and do an "on/off" on your S1.

i guess this comes with being a newbie...

but when the bluescreen does appear, i choose right away:

0=WINCE Upgrade

after that, which option do i choose?

2=WINCE by SD/MMC

3=WINCE by SD/MMC (format)

when i chose the first of the two, it'll say:

mountdisk SUCCESS!

Open CEimage...

can not find winceimg.cks

any key to continue

when i chose the second of the two, it'll just say:

waiting...

and i at least waited for 5 minutes...

what do i do oh jedi master?

:shock:

Ohhh! No no no no... don't touch the blue screen.

Just download that file, extract it in a SD card, put the SD card in the unit (slot in the right side) and turn it on.

You don't need to press any key. The system will load and a popup screen will show up asking if you want to replace some files, select yes. The unit will restart and you should have you windows screen.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey ZiUL. I saw that you were using MIOMAP software on the S1.. where did you find it? I would like to try it out. I used the unlocker and was able to get to windows, but didn't know what to do in windows CE...

Ok... after browsing some French forums and other places I found some nice mods and hacks that weren't meant for the S1 but works anyway.

A) You can access the WinCE interface without replacing any files:

• Turn off the device using the on/off button on the back
    Now hold MENU and the VOLUME rolling key (just hold down)
    Turn the device back on

Now you should see a dialog asking if you want to load the WinCE interface.

B) The hardware is almost the same as the MIOMAP 310x so I was able to install the miomap (iGO) software on it.

C) Here is a webiste http://benji46.free.fr/ that got some tools, the best one is the WINCE unlocker, read the site for more info.

For now that's it. I still looking for a way to dump the rom so I can make (hopefully) some changes on the wince so I won't loose my settings when I do a on/off thing.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The MioMap software is 3.3 .I downloaded all maps for Canada and USA from torrent site.

Here:http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6194&start=15 u have some pictures of the menu of miomap on my pioneer.If u want better pictures just tell me.

The miompa software is much better then the stock one from Pioneer.The maps are better and also the GPS is more specific.

• 1 month later...

Just wanting to let everyone know the mio 3.3 software works great...after a lil help from psiekchicago....i had everything up and running in one day...the hardest part is getting the maps...but the GPS works 90% better than the stock s1 software...if we could get somebody to get the TTS to work right...this would be awesome!

• 1 month later...

I downloaded the file from ZiUL, and put the SD card in my system. I tried just turning it off and on, and turning it off and on using the hold menu and volume buttons. all I ever got was the blue screen that ZiUL told someone else not to touch.

Also I tried finding the 3.3 version on torrent, but all I ever saw for US maps was individual states

Thanks!

edit to add- I am using a 1GB SD card that I previously used in my camera. I did format the card in my camera before downloading the file