AVIC411.com

I want my Z120 to be my iPhone 4 (and a few side Q's)

As the title says.... When I plug my iPhone 4 into my Z120, I want the screen of my Z120 to be.... like a remote desk top. I want to be able to use my apps, SEARCH NEW MUSIC FROM PANDORA (<----- is my #1 wish), send a text message, and send e mails.

^Is this possible?^

Also a few side questions,

1)Even tho I switch my navi view to 3D I still dont get images like I see on the box. The 3 dementinal buildings and what not. Is it because i'm not in a big enough town?

2) I also am about to hook up a back up camera I got. I know I need to hook up the wire so my Z120 knows I'm in reverse, but I'm scared/uneducated as to what to hook it to. Is the little reverse indicator on my gear selector ok? I didnt want to go through the hassle of hooking it all up and have it not work, or worse yet hook it up wrong, and the magic smoke comes out, lol.

I am a newbie here, so sorry if im asking repete questions.

Thank you for your help!

As the title says.... When I plug my iPhone 4 into my Z120, I want the screen of my Z120 to be.... like a remote desk top. I want to be able to use my apps, SEARCH NEW MUSIC FROM PANDORA (<----- is my #1 wish), send a text message, and send e mails.

^Is this possible?^

Also a few side questions,

1)Even tho I switch my navi view to 3D I still dont get images like I see on the box. The 3 dementinal buildings and what not. Is it because i'm not in a big enough town?

2) I also am about to hook up a back up camera I got. I know I need to hook up the wire so my Z120 knows I'm in reverse, but I'm scared/uneducated as to what to hook it to. Is the little reverse indicator on my gear selector ok? I didnt want to go through the hassle of hooking it all up and have it not work, or worse yet hook it up wrong, and the magic smoke comes out, lol.

I am a newbie here, so sorry if im asking repete questions.

Thank you for your help!

WILL NOT WORK!

1) it will depend on your location and zoom level. You have to zoom way in to see the 3D buildings.

2) check the 'vehicle specific wiring' section and search for your make/model/year. If you don't find it, post your car details and someone will look it up for you.

WILL NOT WORK!

1) it will depend on your location and zoom level. You have to zoom way in to see the 3D buildings.

2) check the 'vehicle specific wiring' section and search for your make/model/year. If you don't find it, post your car details and someone will look it up for you.

Thanks for the quick reply!!

Is there anything like that..... minus duct taping a iPad to my dash? lol. I would like to be able to text....... when parked of course!

And I did post this in the BT is crappy thread, but then I noticed its a sticky..... maybe no one will respond to it so,

Ok,

When I first got my Z120, my BT worked. People who called me said they could hear me OK. I ended up removing my head a few times after that to do the bypass thing. after that my BT is completely jacked. Now no one can hear me at all. They just hear "wierd noise". (IDK, im on this side of the phone, lol.)

Now I will add, that I did notice a small rip in the outer insulation of the mic wire, BUT the actual wire on the inside was still intacked. Could this be my issue? If I have to buy a new mic, so be it. I would even spend $ on a good one at this point! I hate having to unplug my phone from the dock, to pick up a call. PLUS, when I do that, I notice Pandora gets glitchy. I need to turn off the headunit, then Pandora, then remove the phone from the dock, seams to rid me of glitches.

Any help???

More than likely a new Mic will not solve your bluetooth problems. Lots of people have bluetooth quality issues but some don't so its kind of strange. People have tried moving the mic, using a garmin or parrot mic but with no clear results. Unfortunately, it could be the bluetooth processor inside the unit that is the source of the problems.

On another note, here is a link to an iPad dash kit for the car.