AVIC411.com

Hope somebody can help me out with this one! I have installed a AVIC F900BT into a 2005 Mustang and I performed the bypass that is described on YouTube and cant seem to get the unit to work properly. It will boot up (after what seems like forever) and play and work and when I put a DVD in it plays fine and there are no warnings or prompts, which leads me to believe that my bypass worked, but then if you drive it down the road it is if like someone shut the key off. Deck goes off and then goes through the startup screen again then eventually comes on only to shut off again and it does this continually. I tried unhooking the VSS wire and it didn't make a differance. I unplugged RCA harness with mute wire therefore removing any effect of the bypass to no avail. I unplugged the Nav ant and unit stays on but then of coarse, NO NAV! I was told by pioneer tech that it was a faulty unit so I sent it in and had it exchanged for a AVIC F90BT (same deck but Premier) and upon installing the replacement unit was met with SAME results. Has anybody else encountered this problem or have any suggestions?!? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Something to try. Apparently the unit is very voltage sensitive. Just an idea. It did work for me after 2 years of putting up with reboots. Hope it works for you.

Run a fused wire (I used 12 ga with an inline fuse right at the battery) directly from the positive of the vehicle battery, through the firewall, and hook that wire up to the YELLOW 12v battery wire of the AVIC (just so you know, it's the red wire that is key activated). I've had no probs since. Just a thought, but might work for you. Good luck...

Well apparently there are more issues involved with mine other than low voltage, or the damage is already done!? Reguardless, tried the relay and no change. Took unit out and bench tested it with all other variable eliminated it still did it. Starts to boot up and and like 10 sec later goes black and starts again. Lights never go out on knob and stuff so I am fairly certain it must have a software problem. Pioneer has agreed to exchange it so guess i'll go that route but this happen to the last deck to but it was only when you drove with the nav ant hooked up! Weird, are these decks just trouble prone and I keep getting decks with issues or are Mustangs lacking ign voltage to the point of damage? 1st deck worked fine just the mic wouldn't pick up so I think I am just havin a run of bad decks and getting refurbished decks that still have issues!! LOL. On to deck #3, see if they send me a good one!!