AVIC411.com

Z130 mic not working

Yes. Just about everyone. Look at the sticky threads at the top of the page.

I just read it. Assuming I am understanding this correctly... I have to buy a new external mic that is not pioneer and my problem will be solved?? The voice recognition does not work at all

The voice recognition does not work at all

At all? That's something else then. At minimum you should be able to "find an address", "change source", "play artist", etc. The mic debate is regarding poor call quality, not VR being broken. Try calling someone, if they can't hear you at all, make sure the mic is plugged into the mic jack and not the remote control jack.

At all? That's something else then. At minimum you should be able to "find an address", "change source", "play artist", etc. The mic debate is regarding poor call quality, not VR being broken. Try calling someone, if they can't hear you at all, make sure the mic is plugged into the mic jack and not the remote control jack.

It is definitely plugged into the correct port. I have checked and double checked, wiggled wires, etc. I do not know if it is a mic, Head unit, or software issue. Amazon cant get me a replacement until May!

Update:

Great news! My replacement Z130 came in today. I used the mic from the new unit on my original Z130 and I can confirm that all the issues I previously had with this unit and my Z120's are fixed. The Z130 address the call quality issues the Z120 was having.

Im going to put my engineering degree to work tonight and try to diagnose why the original mic was not working, If I find anything interesting I will be sure to post.

Update:

Great news! My replacement Z130 came in today. I used the mic from the new unit on my original Z130 and I can confirm that all the issues I previously had with this unit and my Z120's are fixed. The Z130 address the call quality issues the Z120 was having.

Im going to put my engineering degree to work tonight and try to diagnose why the original mic was not working, If I find anything interesting I will be sure to post.

Please keep us posted. I have BT problems with my Z120 and am fed up with it. I'm contemplating upgrading to the Z130 if it will fix my issues.