AVIC411.com

"Please insert the appropriate disk" solution(found?)

I have been using the 2009 burned dvds for a long time so I bought burned the latest one from 2010. I used dual layer memorex dvd+r which a lot of people hate(brand). The first burn worked fine for a few minutes and then I started getting the freeze / reboot issue. I burned a second one and then a third one but then I also started getting the PLEASE INSERT THE APPROPRIATE DISK error. Frustrated I then burned the older version 2009 maps on same brand(memorex dvd+r)......But that was not successful either..

Then I read the documentation on pioneer.com and found that my avic d3x reads only DVD-R, CD-R and dvd-rw ..None of the + types were mentioned there....I then realized that the -R format came before +R format and tends to support slower burns than the +R. So I went back to IMGBURN software which I used to burn all my dvds and when I burned the second 2010 maps I chose the burn speed to be the lowest 1X instead of the default AWS(auto write speed)... Guess what I used the new one in my D3 and it has worked so far in past 2.5 hours of my driving today.. No issues at all..

So my advice to you guys who have this problem is to burn at lowest rate.. if that fails then do the hard reset ( press the small button on right side of eject with a ballpoint tip) and then try again ..

Just thought I will share the info I have..

If any issues arise in coming days I will post it here..