AVIC411.com

ok. I have blown through a 5 pack of DVD+R (luckily they were on sale) with no luck at creating a Navi disk. So here is my questions

a. After using DVD Decrypter, I have two files (CPJ1175_1_A.ISO and CPJ1175_1_A.MDS). Are these the correct files for the East Coast DVD?

b. I open the ISO in MagicISO, make the changes to the appropriate files (changing the BG2OPEN.JPG and adding a couple of PIMs). I save this file. Should I make this ISO a "bootable image?"

c. I open Nero, insert a dual-layer DVD, drop the files onto the DVD and burn.

d. I get DIDDLY!!! NADA!!! ZIP!!!! When I load the DVD into my D2. Please help. Thanks.

First attempt at making a DVD went well, used DVD decrypter, UltraISO, and Alcohol to create, edit, and burn image. Used a single layer DVD, but no problems putting the new background images on the D2.

So, I decided to get a bit ambitious and picked up some double layer DVDs. This time, I copied the DVD files to my computer, changed the bgopen2 file, and put new PIMs in the appropriate directories. I then burned a DL DVD (using Sonic). All seemed to go well.

Put the new DVD in, reset the unit, and my new opening background came up, success! However, when I went to change Nav or Audio backgrounds, the new PIMs were not there. Only the original Pioneer ones were, even the ones I moved from BG/PIM to BG/PIM2DIN. None of the custom ones show up, although they are there when I look at the DVD on my computer. I put 18 files in the directory, but only the 10 that came on the original DVD show up on the nav system. These are the same PIMs that I put on the single layer DVD that works fine.

Any ideas?

The reason I tried this route instead of the image burning technique is that the copy of UltraISO that I downloaded had a virus, it turned my wife's computer into a spam server. That'll teach me (Not!).