AVIC411.com

Just picked up a used Z2 for my '06 TrailBlazer

found this site while searching for info on this purchase. Picked it up for $300 with the OnStar, iPod and Steering wheel control modules. Price was because the DVD/CD reader doesn't work. I'll investigate that more when I fire it up. I only use my iPhone any for music so even if I have to pull the HD for an update I'm ok with it. It's a cheap way in to see how I like these AVIC units.

Looking forward to spending some time here and reading up on things. I'm thinking about tackling the install myself so for anyone who has any tips or any links to helpful reading I'd appreciate the help!

Here are a few quick pics I snapped this morning of what was included.

IMG_1419.jpg

IMG_1421.jpg

IMG_1420.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Mainly not doing enough research before actually doing the install and some missing hardware because I bought it used....

I THOUGHT I had it all figured out and when I went to install a few things (like the bypass for e-brake) it wasn't correct. Same with my VSS wire. Turns out there are two green/white wires on the harness I tapped into for the VSS and it looks like I tapped into the wrong one since I'm still not getting a signal.

Other issue is I just found out I'm missing the RCA 2 harness which is where I need to plug in my SWI-PS module for steering controls and I'm having a hard time understanding what bypass to do for my e-brake. I'm also getting a "excessive vibration" status for the mounting angle of the headunit after trimming my dash to allow it to fit correctly. I think all I need to do is support the back of the headunit in the dash to keep it from sagging and moving.

It's been a good learning process though. I can take my dash apart and instrument panel out in about 5 minutes haha