AVIC411.com

WinCE 5.0 Emulator with Chuck88's iGo Nav Mod

Forgot to mention that the map level smoothing routine is performed when there are changes in the current GPS time (every second) or the current traveling speed, so if you are in the PC emulation mode, the GPS time is not valid and the traveling speed is 99% of the time stable, therefore you won't see much change in the zoom level.

To do the minimum, there is a line at the beginning of the UI file chuck88.ui, that you can uncomment by removing the semi-colon ";" to enable the observer in function of the time to manuver. But even with this, the map level change won't be as smooth as when operating with the physical AVIC.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Chuck. How can I access the main screen of the Avic software? I'm not using your gui, but the stock Pioneer gui. Every time I start the unit on the PC, the map comes up and I can't access the home screen (considering there is no menu button). Is it a command on the keyboard (cttl + H?).

Also, I was having the same problem as kruuth. Except I found a solution. By deleting most states located in the "MAPS" folder, the unit iGo software will boot properly and not crash. Any idea as to why this happens?

Hello Chuck. How can I access the main screen of the Avic software? I'm not using your gui, but the stock Pioneer gui. Every time I start the unit on the PC, the map comes up and I can't access the home screen (considering there is no menu button). Is it a command on the keyboard (cttl + H?).

Also, I was having the same problem as kruuth. Except I found a solution. By deleting most states located in the "MAPS" folder, the unit iGo software will boot properly and not crash. Any idea as to why this happens?

You CAN'T access the first level menu with CONTACT and A/V from the Emulator, simply because you start the iGo with EzRider.exe. :mrgreen:

Tel.exe and AV.exe are NOT supported in the WinCE5 Emulator.

Thanks for insight for kruuth's problem. I think that I suggested copying only "a map" = "one map" to the igo\Content\map folder, but I don't know whether he did that, AND YES, the Emulator supports ONLY ONE map, without the BASEMAP.FBL file (so only one file in the map folder). This is in the instructions of the first post (step 4). :cool:

I also have Bill Gates' email address if you want ... just joking! :grin:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

HI Chuck88,

Very interested in your emulator, great job , I can get it start and run but can't get the gps to connect, any ideas. Also if it's possible can I get Garmin XT to run on your emulator, I'd like to try Igo and Garminxt.

One more thing Can I get IGO to start immediately through your emulator.

HI Chuck88,

Very interested in your emulator, great job , I can get it start and run but can't get the gps to connect, any ideas. Also if it's possible can I get Garmin XT to run on your emulator, I'd like to try Igo and Garminxt.

One more thing Can I get IGO to start immediately through your emulator.

You won't get a gps signal on the emulator....your pc doesn't have a gps antenna .However you can simulate a route.

• 6 months later...

Hey Chuck,

Looks like you've done some great work here! Could you let me know where you got that WinCE 5.0 Emulator? It's the only one I've ever been able to find that works both on virtual machines and Windows 7x64. The reason I ask is because I need to find / build one that will work with my network card and havent been able to get this one to work.

Thanks for any help you can offer!