AVIC411.com

WinCE 5.0 Emulator with Chuck88's iGo Nav Mod

Since the Windows CE 5.0 Emulator has been removed because the Wiki section is no longer available, I put up here my own copy of the Emulator with Chuck88's iGo Nav Mod v3.0 on it. With this available to everyone without guessing works and hassles, I just hope that there will more modders pop in to provide more solutions to the aging AVIC.

Very easy to install, below are the steps:

Download here: Chuck88's AVIC Emulator for WinCE5.zip"]Chuck88's WinCE5 Emulator Setup - Complete

Readme.txt

1) Unzip "Chuck88's AVIC Emulator for WinCE5.zip".

2) Make "Chuck88's AVIC Emulator for WinCE5" the current folder.

3) Double click on standalone_emulator_V1.exe to start installation of the Emulator under Windows.

4) Copy one MAP file with the .FBL extension to iGo-chuck88\CONTENT\MAP.

5) [Optional] Copy one BUILDING file with .3DL extension to iGo-chuck88\CONTENT\BUILDING.

6) [Optional] Copy one POI file with .POI extension to iGo-chuck88\CONTENT\POI.

7) Launch RUN_iGo_Chuck88.bat.

8) Enjoy modding!

Note:

The default Emulator is installed under "C:\Program Files" or "C:\Program Files (x86)". If you have a 64-bit Windows OS, make sure to edit the RUN_iGo_Chuck88.bat to add " (x86)" without the quotes to "Program Files" before launching it.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rock solide right? 42 downloads within one week and no one has reported bug! :mrgreen:

Thanks for sharing this emulator, it's great. I did have a question. How do you run cab files on this emulator to see if it will work or not? For example, I normally have a mobile device connected to my usb on my computer and then run the cab. Since we're using the emulator for this, how would I install the cab file to the emulator to see if it'll run or not?

Thanks for sharing this emulator, it's great. I did have a question. How do you run cab files on this emulator to see if it will work or not?

You open Windows Explorer or CE Commander, locate the CAB file and double-click on it.

I just want to remind you that very few CAB files are actually compatible with Win CE 5.0, but they are mostly for Windows Mobile.

Since AVIC doesn't support directly Asian fonts, most people are looking for Asian fonts CAB files installation (lot of threads for that). Are you one of those? :mrgreen:

You open Windows Explorer or CE Commander, locate the CAB file and double-click on it.

I just want to remind you that very few CAB files are actually compatible with Win CE 5.0, but they are mostly for Windows Mobile.

Since AVIC doesn't support directly Asian fonts, most people are looking for Asian fonts CAB files installation (lot of threads for that). Are you one of those? :mrgreen:

Haha, not really asian files. I just wanna install the epocrates file. It's a medical software that I use on my mobile device. I was also looking into the overclocking software by WiMoSpeed_V1.01.CAB(freewareppc.com), to see if we can tweak our units to run faster.

Thanks for the tip, just learned a little more.

I just hope that there will more modders pop in to provide more solutions to the aging AVIC.

While new, I am learning and eager to get going on this, with the Second F500BT I bought. First, I need Ver3.0 which would not fully d/l from the posted site. Then I will work my way into the emulator, et. al., which I already have

Thanks for your long lasting help and the the hours you put into helping all of us.

While new, I am learning and eager to get going on this, with the Second F500BT I bought. First, I need Ver3.0 which would not fully d/l from the posted site. Then I will work my way into the emulator, et. al., which I already have

Thanks for your long lasting help and the the hours you put into helping all of us.

Thank you for your comments. You're among the few who are gracious to my effort. :blink:

Thank you for your comments. You're among the few who are gracious to my effort. :blink:

Rather, a societal ailment, not unique to this forum.

I find it sad that the guys who really help and work this forum get burned out so that we new guys are befuddled for too long. Ahh.. What goes around.....

• 2 weeks later...

Wooooowwwwww, 109 downloads for the Emulator, it should be hopeful that somebody somewhere could eventually bring out something revolutionary, say, a new mod of a new kind!!! :cool:

Com'on people, tell us what you guys are doing with the Emulator ...

• 4 weeks later...

Chuck88's iGo Mod v3.1 released!

If you are using the WinCE 5 Emulator (contains v3.0), simply replace DATA.zip and SYS.txt.

Download Chuck88’s Mod v3.1: Faster, simpler and better ... now with SmartTrack!

Chuck88's iGo Nav Mod v3.1.zip

Silly question, but is something supposed to start? I just get the windows ce desktop. If I start ezrider it crashes.