AVIC411.com

AVH-3200BT won't Come on with car

I have a 95 Acura Integra and the AVH-3200BT. I have no GPS or other accessories.

The issue I'm having is that the deck turns on exactly when the key gets clicked over to On. Which is normal. The problem is that if I wait more than 1 second and then turn on the car, the deck doesn't seem to get the signal that its on and it won't turn on. Sometimes if I wait a min or two it will just come on by itself. Most of the time I have to turn off the car then turn the key from ACC to ON (fire up motor) with-in 1 second for the deck to come on.

I have the relay from http://www.avhbypass.com, and have tired a Bosch relay from autozone to see if it helped. Same effect. I removed the relay and left the brake cable off, still had same effect. I'm not sure if its a faulty deck so I took it back to best buy and talked to the install tech and he said 'this is normal operation'. I think thats a load of BS to be honest. My wifes 00' civic Si doesn't seem to have this problem at all and I've never had any Pioneer deck that's been installed in this car ever have issues. I've had this car since 98 and I've been through at least 12 different pionner decks with this car.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I pulled the deck and checked the wiring voltage. I'm getting a little over 12v (i don't have the best multimeter in the world fyi) on my constant power and on my ACC wire. I ran a relay from my battery and tired to use that for the ACC wire to the deck, same issues. I took out the brake bypass relay and tired again, still same issues.

I have found that if i turn the car on but not start the motor, wait for the deck to start playing a song, then fire it up it seems to work and not get stuck.> I have only tired this a few times tho. It was 1am and my neighbors get kinda cranky when I fire up my car over and over and over again. :)

Get a decent voltmeter! Double check to make sure that your getting 0v when the key is in the off position, and 12v when the it on the acc or on position. Either your not getting enough voltage through the ignition (yellow) wire to tell the unit to turn on or you have a faulty unit.

Bought a really nice volt meter.

ON the yellow wire, 0v when the car is off. When I turn on the car's power but not start, it doesn't change from 12v. Of course when i flip the key to crank the motor it drops down to about 2v then spikes up very quickly back to 12v and the deck will have issues.

I did a lot of testing this weekend and found out that if the deck doesn't turn on with the motor, it will come on within 2 min every time. Normally right around 75-80 Seconds its backup and running. The entire time both constant power has 12v and the Yellow wire is 12v.

I spoke to pioneer and they told me to take it back to best buy.. I went back to best buy and they again told me 'this is normal operation for the deck to have a delay when starting to avoid any dirty power that may be sent to the deck from the ACC wire." I emailed the tech a pioneer to confirm this but still waiting for a response. Personally it sounds like best buy is full of crap. I'm about to pull my wifes deck out of her civic and swap it with mine and see if the problem is still present.

If that deck works fine in her car, what would be the best plan of attack to fix this? Maybe try a different power source for the acc wire, or make a custom harness? I don't use anything in the stock wiring harness other than power for the unit. All my speakers are ran through amps.