AVIC411.com

Bluetooth Possible Solution for Mic problems

Well folks, after much much research I had a lot of problems trying to find a microphone/equipment that has its own active (rather than passive) noise cancellation.

I finally came across a product that comes with many adapters including one for the avic.

Now I haven't received mine yet, but I think Ill give it a try.

First off, its a product of theboom.com, well known for their phone headsets with noise cancellation that actually supposed to work.

They have released a product (claiming the mics are used in Apache helicopters...suuuure)and its called the Ume Cobra mic.

This, potentially anyways could be what we are looking for...but the price tag isnt cheap at around 150.

Anyways, this is the product... http://www.theboom.com/v/products/theboom-ume-cobra-microphone.html

What do you guys think?

• 6 months later...

With this mic "Boom" you need to have a wired head set either tucked on the side of your seat, or dangling from your headliner. And strap this McDonalds drive-thru thing on your head. For $150.00 - they quoted me 200.00 , you might as well just use a wired headset connected to your phone.