AVIC411.com

verifying vss is working

Just installed the 920BT in a 2011 F250. Everything seems to work great.(including mod)

I Connected the VSS to the Black and Grey wire in the radio harness(pin #4). My question is: how do I know that it is corrrect?

Also, do I need to hook up the reverse gear wire if I don't have a rear view camera?

Thanks for the help

I Connected the VSS to the Black and Grey wire in the radio harness(pin #4). My question is: how do I know that it is corrrect?

Also, do I need to hook up the reverse gear wire if I don't have a rear view camera?

Look under Navi Settings -> 3D Status

No, you don't need reverse.

Calibrated speed should match speedometer?

Not necessarily. You have to keep in mind that your speedometer is not 100% accurate. There are factors (including tire size variance) that determine what your speedometer thinks you are traveling vs what you actually are. Typically GPS is a more accurate reading.

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Get the plug and play harness from Enfig.com . They are very knowledgeable and you don't have to hack up your cars harness. I have a Audi and found it ridiculous to have to search for a random wire behind my fuse panel for a vss wire. Crutchfield should have it together enough to supply people with the correct harnesses. Christian from Enfig will supply you with the correct harness.