AVIC411.com

"Please insert the appropriate disk" Problem different than other people have had

Hey guys, I have a AVIC-D3 that has been installed in my truck with the nav/video bypass since 2007 and has been working perfectly until recently. It started about 2 weeks ago when I got in the truck in the morning and the Sirius Sat was playing on the station that it was on when the truck was shut off but the screen said "Insert Appropriate Disc" even though the factory nav disc was in the unit. When this happens I can't do anything other than volume up and down and also my back up camera works. I called a local stereo shop and he had me reset the unit which screwed me for a day or so because nothing worked after that until the stereo started magically started working again but all the settings were reset to factory. I set the unit up again and it was fine for about a week and all of a sudden it's doing it again. This is an intermittent issue and will work fine for a few days and then start acting up again

Options installed:

Pioneer back up camera

Sirius Satellite

Bypass Mod

I ALWAYS have the factory Nav CD in the radio because I use the nav system all the time and listen to satellite radio instead of CDs and Ipod

I really could use some help with this

• 5 months later...