AVIC411.com

pioneer avic z130bt and droid

I just bought a Pioneer AVIC Z130BT. I have an EVO 4G on Sprint. The phone will connect to the Z and all functions except voice dialing from the contact list work fine. I can stream Pandora from the phone headset jack, but cannot control any functions from the HU. The voice recognition for dialing from the contact list is useless. It will not recognize any names and either asks you to repeat or offers totally unrelated options. I updated to Gingerbread yesterday and the problem is worse. I uninstalled and re-installed Google Voice and Google Voice search to make sure I had the latest version to no avail. The people at Parrot Bluetooth told me that the problem was because Android had such a poor voice recognition engine. I have spoken with HTC and Pioneer also and no one seems to be able to offer a solution. Just something to think about.

That's funny, I have a Z120BT and stream Pandora and MP3 to the HU using my Motorola Droid X and I can control the music via HU. When I'm playing Pandora I can pause or skip to the next track as well as when I'm playing an MP3. The only thing that doesn't work is not song info is displayed when streaming Pandora, and when I play Mp3 I get all the track, artist info, just no Album Art. I upgraded to Gingerbread a week ago and I haven't streamed since then, so I'll test to see if it still works.

Yeah, the VR sucks big hairy balls, I don't even use it at all.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a Z130 and HTC EVO as well.

After the latest HTC upgrade, my contacts will no longer sync to the head unit.

I have even tried to transfer them via Bluetooth and my phone tells me that the Z130, does NOT have OPP(Object Push Profile), which Pioneer says is required by the phone.

Any suggestions?

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys!

I have Samsung Galaxy S and i found this phone can TV out with 3.5mm-RCA to TV my phone flash to Gingerbread 2.3.3 can play Netflix .( i found this on youtube . The guys is not me .l.o.l)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgcICE4K0Uw&feature=related

I try to hook up with 3.5mm on the HU but it not thing come out . Will the converter 3.5mm iphone to 3.5 android help ?

Hi Guys!

I have Samsung Galaxy S and i found this phone can TV out with 3.5mm-RCA to TV my phone flash to Gingerbread 2.3.3 can play Netflix .( i found this on youtube . The guys is not me .l.o.l)

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

I try to hook up with 3.5mm on the HU but it not thing come out . Will the converter 3.5mm iphone to 3.5 android help ?

That's great. Were you using the AV2 input (RCA Red/White/Yellow)? That should work if your phone output cable has RCA on the other end. The AV1/iPod AV connector has a non-standard band/conductor mapping Simplest is to use an CD-RM10 cable from Pioneer. However you can probably use any AV 3.5 mini to RCA cable if you can map the RCA ends correctly (use a multi-meter or continuity tester to verify which mini band maps to which RCA connector.

The Pioneer AV1 input mini plug bands are (starting from tip Left, Right, Ground, Video. So you just need to connect the phone output to the correct AVIC input and ignore the colors.

First, I'd do like the guy in the YouTube video and connect the RCAs to a TV. Than makes sure your phone and cable work. Then connect to the AVIC.

I have a Z130 and HTC EVO as well.

After the latest HTC upgrade, my contacts will no longer sync to the head unit.

I have even tried to transfer them via Bluetooth and my phone tells me that the Z130, does NOT have OPP(Object Push Profile), which Pioneer says is required by the phone.

Any suggestions?

Anybody else having this problem? Pioneer is of no help whatso ever.

That's great. Were you using the AV2 input (RCA Red/White/Yellow)? That should work if your phone output cable has RCA on the other end. The AV1/iPod AV connector has a non-standard band/conductor mapping Simplest is to use an CD-RM10 cable from Pioneer. However you can probably use any AV 3.5 mini to RCA cable if you can map the RCA ends correctly (use a multi-meter or continuity tester to verify which mini band maps to which RCA connector.

The Pioneer AV1 input mini plug bands are (starting from tip Left, Right, Ground, Video. So you just need to connect the phone output to the correct AVIC input and ignore the colors.

First, I'd do like the guy in the YouTube video and connect the RCAs to a TV. Than makes sure your phone and cable work. Then connect to the AVIC.

Thanks for response with usefully info! Yes, my cable have RCA in other end that i bought of from ebay and it work like the guys on youtube . That means I have to open HU and replace cabble .Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr .

hello all

i have an evo 3d and a z120

i notice that the Bluetooth music streaming sucks (or i am doing something wrong). When ever i connect my phone via Bluetooth to stream my mp3, i notice that the sound quality is bad. is there any way to change the music quality? or any other way to listen to music from the phone with great quality?

another question.....................

the iPhone connection on the z120 (the usb and the audio in cable) if i plug in any mp3 player via the head phone jack in it wont play any music nor any sound.

how would i play music from a mp3 player (example zune, sony walkman....) on the z120

another question..............

what can i plug into a usb and will be recognize by the z120

-usb flash drive

-portable hardrive

-camera

=anything that i may have missed

another question............

how do i know if i have the latest update software?

how do i update?

Yes, read the manual. You'll learn lots of useful stuff. As far as BT streaming audio quality, I think it is good. It will never be quite as good as playing a DVD/CD, or an MP3 on SD or via USB. That isn't the fault of BT, it is because when you stream an MP3 from the phone over BT, the phone converts the digital MP3 to analog, then the BT audio layer re-samples the audio (sample rate is not published but probably 48K) back to digital for streaming. The HU then has to convert the digital stream back to analog. So when streaming a digital source over BT, you add another A to D conversion (or in other words, you add another generation - like making an analog copy of a CD then converting it back to digital). In most cases this won't degrade the audio that much, unless the quality was border-line to begin with.

Try setting up custom EQ profiles for all of your audio sources (it does no good to set just one source).

You can plug a jump drive or ipod (with the proper cable) into the USB. Some have tried an external hard drive with mixed results. There isn't enough power over the USB cable to power an HD. Also, support for many flash drives is lacking. I couldn't get my 16GB one to work. Definitely no camera will work.

You can download the latest update for the Z120 from Pioneer. The instructions tell you how to display your current internal version. Your Z120 should be s/w version 2.003. However, it may say v2.0. In order to display the actual version, follow the update instructions on the Pioneer site.

Hello everyone,

I have Nexus One Android phone. This is a pure Gingerbread android. I have recently purchased an AVIC-Z130BT and I have been able to connect my phone via bluetooth to Media and Phone. I am able to synchronize the phones contacts, make and receive calls but I haven't been able to stream music via bluetooth pairing. I have wired the AV imputs on the HU and I can connect the phone with a stereo jack to do it but I would rather have the convenience and the ability to control music from the HU rather from the phone. I have allowed full BT exchange protocol access on the phone and yet I am unable to stream music. When I play a song it only sounds on the phone and not on the HU. I have a Motorola V9 HD bluetooth and I am able to stream music through it. I am also able to stream through my Laptop PC so I know it is not a cellphone setting/issue. FYI, I have the latest 3.001 firmware vesion on the HU.

Can anyone advice on what I am doing wrong!? Thanks in advance for your time.

Hello everyone,

I am able to synchronize the phones contacts

I can't get my to synchronize my contacts anymore. This happened after the phone update. BUT,,,,,,,,,, I went to the stereo store and the contacts synced right up with another HU(BT130). They think it's the phones issue. Pioneer tech support is useless.

I can't get my to synchronize my contacts anymore. This happened after the phone update. BUT,,,,,,,,,, I went to the stereo store and the contacts synced right up with another HU(BT130). They think it's the phones issue. Pioneer tech support is useless.

@ Tim98TA,

<<PLEASE DISREGARD THIS POST. I FIGURE OUT WHAT THE PROBLEM WAS. EVERYTHING IS OK NOW. IT WAS A USER ERROR !!!>>

In an attempt to help you though, I would say your problem most likely is that you need to enable BT PIM transfer exchange protocol in your phone. In Android devices, you need to go to: Settings/Wireless & Networks/Bluetooth Settings/Tap and Hold PIONEER NAVI (or the name of your navigation pairing)/Options/Make sure both; Phone and Media options boxes are checked. Also, make sure you always initiate the transfer from the phone and not from the Navigation unit, otherwise you will be receiving infor, not sending.

FYI, I am able to transfer and stream fine. I just cannot control the BT streaming from the HU as suggested to be possible by Pioneer but I can live with that. BTW this is a Pioneer issue, not a phone problem, as I can fully control my phone via BT from my laptop PC.

FYI, I am able to transfer and stream fine. I just cannot control the BT streaming from the HU as suggested to be possible by Pioneer but I can live with that. BTW this is a Pioneer issue, not a phone problem, as I can fully control my phone via BT from my laptop PC.

I can't go along with that statement because when my phone (HTC HD2) was running Windows Mobile 6.5, I could control the MP3 playback from the HU. FF/Next, Previous, Pause, etc. After switching to Android 2.1 and 2.3 (a port of HTC Desire HD), the control went way. I can stream audio, I just cant control the playback from the HU

So, from this, all that can be said is that there is some incompatibility with the AVRCP implementation between the HU and phone. Could be either or both at fault.

Settings/Wireless & Networks/Bluetooth Settings/Tap and Hold PIONEER NAVI (or the name of your navigation pairing)/Options/Make sure both; Phone and Media options boxes are checked.

Yeah, been there done that.

Also, make sure you always initiate the transfer from the phone and not from the Navigation unit, otherwise you will be receiving infor, not sending.

The HU BT is not going to be sending any info to the phone. I don't see how that would be possible.

The transfer, of contacts, from the phone to the HU happens automatically, after it connects.

• 2 years later...