AVIC411.com

I bought an avic Z2 off a guy which he had updated...so he told me it's actually an avic Z3 now of the update. Since it's been installed, everything has been working great up until yesterday. The GPS has just started acting wierd. The GPS's indicator arrow is telling me that i'm nearly 5 miles away in an open field. When i start driving the arrow is no where near where i'm actually driving. Would there be something wrong with the GPS antenna?

All the info in this thread is completely wrong, aside from the GPS antenna possibly being bad.

You can find the updates on this forum under the Hacks/Mods section, and if you DO buy the DVD from Pioneer it DOES load the maps onto the hard drive.

I think you're thinking of a different unit, Newman.

All the info in this thread is completely wrong, aside from the GPS antenna possibly being bad.

You can find the updates on this forum under the Hacks/Mods section, and if you DO buy the DVD from Pioneer it DOES load the maps onto the hard drive.

I think you're thinking of a different unit, Newman.

Thanks for clearing this up. Maybe i'll wait for the 2011 update to be released. Just gotta wait for the new antenna to show up and hopefully it's better. I did notice today that there were a few times that the GPS was displaying the correct location where i was driving, but then there were times when it wasn't. The GPS antenna has been in the same spot since i installed the unit...which has been a couple months ago and never had any issues with it unitl it just started acting up a couple days ago.