AVIC411.com

steering wheel control issues

Guest guest
I have a 2006 Honda Ridgeline with the built in steering wheel controls from Honda. They used an adaptor to connect this directly to the Z 1 but now when I press the channell up or down button, channels only move up or down one channel instead of through my preselects like it did with the factory radio. Shop says it can't be fixed. Any suggestions?
The shop is right..they most likely used the PAC adaptor for the integrated steering wheel controls. Unfortunately the way it works with the Pioneer is exactly as you described, less intuitive than the factory Honda setup. These units are limited in their functions due to the fact that they are usually made to be universal solution for the manufacturer's vehicle line as opposed to a setup specifically designed to your truck.

Out of curiosity, why did you install the z1 instead of buying a Ridgeline w/navi? The Honda navigation setup is pretty damn good.