AVIC411.com

Special "RCA" module required for "AUX input"?

Just got my Z2 up and running. I'm still waiting on some cables for my iPod module so in the meantime I figured I'd just use a 1/8" to RCA adapter and plug that into the "Audio input" RCAs on the back of the Z2. When I try to change to the source it's not available.

I did some quick reading and it looks like you have to buy an RCA module that uses the bus cable? Is this true? I'd have to buy that module so I can plug my RCA cables from my iPhone into this module, then out of the module to the RCAs into the HU?

If so that's ridiculous.

It had crossed my mind that could be the issue but couldn't see why they would have the option to turn them on and off? Guess I'll have to surf through the menus and figure that out.

Do you know where the SWI-PS module plugs into the Z2 at? I have it all wired up and never paid attention to where it plugs into the HU at and when I went to plug it in the only thing that looked like it was the right size was labeled digital audio or something similar. I can't find any info on it.

It had crossed my mind that could be the issue but couldn't see why they would have the option to turn them on and off? Guess I'll have to surf through the menus and figure that out.

Do you know where the SWI-PS module plugs into the Z2 at? I have it all wired up and never paid attention to where it plugs into the HU at and when I went to plug it in the only thing that looked like it was the right size was labeled digital audio or something similar. I can't find any info on it.

One of the wiring harnesses has the mini jack to plug in the swi-ps.

I am having the same issue as stated above. I recently purchased an adapter(2 x male rca's to female 3.5mm headphone jack) from radio shack in hopes i could just hook it up and taa-daa!!!. But to my surprise no sound came out. I have tried turning the aux input on and off, as well as turning the av input to video, off, and EXT. All the other fucntions of the HU work fine just like normal. All I am trying to do is get it so i can hook up either my droid x or my ipod and listen to the music on either while im in the car. If i left out any key info please let me know as I am out of ideas as to why this isnt working. Thanks in advance, any help is greatly appreciated.

I am having the same issue as stated above. I recently purchased an adapter(2 x male rca's to female 3.5mm headphone jack) from radio shack in hopes i could just hook it up and taa-daa!!!. But to my surprise no sound came out. I have tried turning the aux input on and off, as well as turning the av input to video, off, and EXT. All the other fucntions of the HU work fine just like normal. All I am trying to do is get it so i can hook up either my droid x or my ipod and listen to the music on either while im in the car. If i left out any key info please let me know as I am out of ideas as to why this isnt working. Thanks in advance, any help is greatly appreciated.

I got mine working today. You have it connected to the AV input RCAs on the back right? Like stated above, I had to turn the AV input to "video" for it to work. Volume has to be up on your Droid of course.

I got mine working today. You have it connected to the AV input RCAs on the back right? Like stated above, I had to turn the AV input to "video" for it to work. Volume has to be up on your Droid of course.

yea I'm an idiot lol. i hooked it all up like you did and how garret said to and switched the av to video. i just didnt select av for the source lol, i kept picking the aux. thanks guys for all your help even though it was mainly my stupidity lol. thanks again, really.