AVIC411.com

Would anyone have an extra dock harness to wire the unit into the car? I bought the f500 for 100$ and was thrilled..... until I found out that many functions were lost due to the missing cable. I tried to contact the guy to request him to check to see if he had the cable. Instead of making an effort, he tells me it had to be purchased in addition to the unit.... that it was never in the box to begin with. Thought I could order one on pioneer site..... looked like I could till I went to pay and was informed it was not avl. I am willing to pay for the harness via paypal.... I am just a bit upset... any way it goes however, 100$ was still a good deal, so I think.

Also, if anyone wold share a map update, that would be awesome!

I tried to contact the guy to request him to check to see if he had the cable. Instead of making an effort, he tells me it had to be purchased in addition to the unit..
I have two of these, both 'new' and BOTH came with every cable, and then some, including the cable I think you refer to. He's less than truthful, IMHO.

There is a free online update from Pioneer for the Firmware and BT. The pdf file that has the instructions will tell you how to look at yours to see if they are already installed.

Maps, are a more difficult issue, at least for me so far. The learning curve has proven to be steep and difficult due to the relatively few guys here who deal with (mod) the F500, which apparently not 100% compatible with others in the series..

I opted (as stated in another post) to get the $99 update (online special), with 2010 maps for the first unit; works great in the few tests I've done (unit is not installed yet).I just checked and a=cannot find the update except at their Canadian site and it is listed @ CDN$120.

Their website is inconsistent and really sucks for finding things. Also, their registration of products did not work. This is a tech company of global size?

Would anyone have an extra dock harness to wire the unit into the car? I bought the f500 for 100$ and was thrilled..... until I found out that many functions were lost due to the missing cable. I tried to contact the guy to request him to check to see if he had the cable. Instead of making an effort, he tells me it had to be purchased in addition to the unit.... that it was never in the box to begin with.

Yeah, you got ripped pal - I have two 500's, both have ALL the leads needed for connecting the cradle and the amp, they come supplied in the box.