AVIC411.com

Just installed my D3...

I just upgraded from a D2 to a D3, and overall I'm pleased with the new uinit.

I was just wondering how come this D3 doesnt automatically recalculate the route, i have to go to the button RECALCULATE in order for it to do it. I missed an exit on purpose to see how it does it, and it never recalculated LOL

• 2 weeks later...

It ended up working after all...

Another concern: is there a setting where it allows me to only go up on the screen when I drive, meaning always going north?

For example, let's say I go up a certain street, (street A) and then I make a right on street B can the whole map switch so I would go UP on street B as opposed to going from left to right? I had the D2 for 5 years and I guess I got used to that as opposed to going sideways om the screen. I don't know if I asked my question clearly, but I hope you guys get the main idea...

• 2 months later...

It ended up working after all...

Another concern: is there a setting where it allows me to only go up on the screen when I drive, meaning always going north?

For example, let's say I go up a certain street, (street A) and then I make a right on street B can the whole map switch so I would go UP on street B as opposed to going from left to right? I had the D2 for 5 years and I guess I got used to that as opposed to going sideways om the screen. I don't know if I asked my question clearly, but I hope you guys get the main idea...

yES, THERE'S AN ICON ON THE BOTTOM RIGHT TO CHANGE THE ORIENTATION

HOPE THIS HELPS!

I use that pointer on the bottom right hand, but on one of the angles it's going from left to right let's say, and when i press it it goes from up to down (soouth as opposed to north). Im honestly considering throwing it away, but it must be some setting that makes it do this. Maybe the antenna is installed the wrong way that it goes from north to south? here go a couple of pics..

they are taken 30 seconds apart and you can see on the bottom right hand corner, that the arrow was pressed. In the first pic, the map goes sideways, and in the 2nd one it goes from north to south

helppppppppp

post-2471-0-92655000-1309644639_thumb.jpg

post-2471-0-98898600-1309644651_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...