AVIC411.com

How's it going people?

Yeah I put it in myself and was not thinking it was going to take as long as it did. Not sure of the exact amount of man hours it took but the install consumed pretty much a whole weekend. The next one i put in will be a smooth 3 hour job ....if it is the same system going in the same vehicle. :lol:

I took my time and took my whole dash apart so I could see everything(I wish I would have taken pic's of that). Once it was all opened up I started hooking up one wire at a time. The wiring was the easy part (to me) since I had no problems there. Even the Ducatiboy's 07 bypass worked without a hitch. Thank You again Ducatiboy!!!

The problems I had was fitting the Z1 so the mechanical operation worked smoothly. By the way the Z1 is not supposed to fit the 2005 Avalanche (according to people I talked to at Pioneer, Crutchfield, Best Buy, and a couple local stereo outlets/installers).

I had to cut out some of the plastic inside the dash to fit it in. I thought the main dashboard bezel was gonna need trimming as well but after at least 6 trys at changing the mounting position around it fit in there just perfect and the screen comes down without touching.

I'll take some pic's and show what it looks like all done.

I'm ready now to start shopping for amps,speakers, and the rest of the stuff on my wish list. :P