AVIC411.com

Ipod playback distortion on X920bt

I have a 120GB iPod Classic and am using the standard Pioneer cable to play it on my X920bt. It is randomly having a "fuzzy" sound and sometimes getting very muffled and then after maybe 30 seconds it will fix itself, for a few minutes then it gets fuzzy again. I only use it to play the Adam Carolla podcast, I wouldn't think they have all the distortion problems in their audio file... Is anybody else having a similar issue? Help!

does it do it in the exact same place every time, if not then it is not a problem with their file. however it could be an issue with either the cable, the AVIC, or the Ipod itself, you will have to do some testing to see which it is.

does it do it in the exact same place every time, if not then it is not a problem with their file. however it could be an issue with either the cable, the AVIC, or the Ipod itself, you will have to do some testing to see which it is.

Not to be unappreciative if the help, but I did say it was random. That means any file, any time, it can happen. In my recent testing it seems almost like a build-up of something...bad ground or something, if I pause it then unpause it goes away for a few minutes...I thought it was a bad connection but it can't be with that happening.

if I pause it then unpause it goes away for a few minutes... but it can't be with that happening.

I agree 100%, that really makes it sound like its a processing problem in the headunit.

does it ever make that same noise if playing mp3's off of a USB stick or only the ipod?

I agree 100%, that really makes it sound like its a processing problem in the headunit.

does it ever make that same noise if playing mp3's off of a USB stick or only the ipod?

That is a very good question, I will load up a usb with some songs and listen to it and see... I will report back and let you know, it will be a few days.