AVIC411.com

HU intergration with back up sensors

looking to add sensors to both the rear and front of my car. My wife has a Lexus ES350 that has the park assist that will show an indicator on the dash and make noise. Is there anything that is out there for this? Or am I going to have to instal an aftermarket POS that just has sound that most likely will not dim the radio when beeping

this is for the z130bt

we use Steelmate parking sensors here at our shop. This kit comes with mercedes-style displays and works very well. http://www.steel-mate.com/product.php?pid=597482&lang=enus&cid=72279&product=Front_&_rear_PTS_with_automatic_radio__mute_function_and_two_slim_LED_displays

Rosen makes reverse sensors that integrate with their nav screen to show you on the screen how close you are to an obstcal.

For my own car though I would go with the Steelmate kit.

• 3 months later...

I bought a rear view camera that had a color coded grid built into it. I roughly measured the distance from the different colors (red, yellow and green) to help judge when backing up. That works for me :smile:

Could you provide us with information of which back up camera you installed please? A link would be even better! Thank you.

Could you provide us with information of which back up camera you installed please? A link would be even better! Thank you.

Links get broken - but just FYI - I've installed the sensors and a cam. The sensors are pretty useless because at like 1.5 - 2 feet they indicate you are touching... Most of the cameras now a-days (from China) come with burnt in distance lines. So as you backup, it's very easy to judge how close you are (and you can get very close) - I'd just go that route - for the front - i'd use my eyes... Look on Ebay - you'll find one that matches your car most likely - figure out where it's supposed to mount - and what they look like. I have a new Prius - figured out it looked exactly like the Camry. Dealer wanted $250 for the part - EBay was $40 delivered with the nice lines - and a VERY clear image (I can see if a dime is heads or tails - in color).

Links get broken - but just FYI - I've installed the sensors and a cam. The sensors are pretty useless because at like 1.5 - 2 feet they indicate you are touching... Most of the cameras now a-days (from China) come with burnt in distance lines. So as you backup, it's very easy to judge how close you are (and you can get very close) - I'd just go that route - for the front - i'd use my eyes... Look on Ebay - you'll find one that matches your car most likely - figure out where it's supposed to mount - and what they look like. I have a new Prius - figured out it looked exactly like the Camry. Dealer wanted $250 for the part - EBay was $40 delivered with the nice lines - and a VERY clear image (I can see if a dime is heads or tails - in color).

Thank you!

What's your take on the Boyo VTL425? I have a 2005 MB C-class. Definitely looking for sleek install so it seems that a license place mounted camera is probably the best solution for me.

TIA

Thank you!

What's your take on the Boyo VTL425? I have a 2005 MB C-class. Definitely looking for sleek install so it seems that a license place mounted camera is probably the best solution for me.

TIA

I personally do not like license plate cams - cause they look cheap (IMHO)- and not 'factory'. Ebay has many cameras - and I'm sure some OEM ones (OEM meaning built by someone else, but with the same look/mount). Search on ebay mercedes camera - there are many - even specific to the C Class (which may be the same as S etc)... Seem to run around $35 - $40 (better price, and with the lines, better functionality)... The other nice thing about these is the mount - they should just plug in - no screwing/drilling etc.

http://cgi.ebay.com/CCD-Reverse-Rear-View-Camera-Mercedes-Benz-C-CLASS-W204-/260769085444?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cb70c7804