AVIC411.com

annoying voice confirmation

Sorry if this is a newbie question, but I find it annoying when i say "call brad", that instead of calling brad, it says, "would you like to call the general number for brad?", to which i have to reply "yes". To be honest, now that I know how to do stuff, i'd rather not hear any instructions on any of it, including nav. like when the nav shows a list, it tells me all the options, which i understood after the first time it told me and now i dont need it to tell me all my options every time while i wait for my chance to speak. Any way around these confirmation annoyances?

I'm sure most people here know this, but in case there's a couple that don't, actually muting the guidance instead of just turning down the volume all the way makes it actually skip the instructions. So for example, when you say "find the nearest gas station" it shows you the list and instantly beeps again so you doon't have to wait for it to quit talking. Also, it appears that if you haven't reached your destination on the nav, yuo udon't have to hit the "ok" nag screen when you start your car again. I noticed this today when i started the car three different times throughout the day and never had to hit ok. Then i realied that it was still trying to take me to my friend's house on the other side of town because i never canceled the route. If this is reduntant information, than i apologize, im just trying to give back a little bit since all i've done is ask questions and it's possible there's someone out there reading this post that didn't already know this stuff.