AVIC411.com

RDS and TMC Modification

First, I hope this is in the right section, Secondly, I have searched throughtout AVIC411 and can not find an answer. Additionaly, the search function does not allow words with less then 4 characters, Anyways, I have noticed that on my AVIC-F900BT that when I'm listening to the FM, the screen is pretty empty, There is plenty of screen realestate left, our F-series systems are realitively new, why is there no RDS(radio data system) information listed, It would be great to have each preset showing information about each channel, and possibly what is currently being played on each preset. Is it because our systems don't have the required hardware? Is there a Mod that can unlock said hardware if we infact do have it? Additionaly, I would love to have TMC (Traffic Message Channel) I believe it uses the same hardware as RDS, so they go hand-in-hand. If in-fact there is no way we can enable RDS&TMC, is it possible to edit the F-series system so maybe we can add a background image to the FM/AM screens, to me they looks bare, I have only had my unit about a month and am trying to learn as much as possible, I can do the basics(testmode, etc.) so please bare with me if I dont totaly understand everything, I love this forum and my F-series radio, and frequent these areas daily and look forward to your responses. Thanks in Advance!

• 2 weeks later...