AVIC411.com

x920bt usb port splitter questions

I have the avic-x920bt and I am trying to figure out if it is possible to split the usb cable from the back of the unit. I have the iphone cable plugged in currently and it is all tucked away behind the dash. This makes it difficult to unplug the iphone cable and plug in other usb devices. I would like to find a way to split the usb cable so I can plug the iphone cable in, but also have another usb input easily accessible to plug in thumb drives etc. I tried a usb y cable (1 male to 2 female) and it charges on both, but will no longer recognize the iphone or any usb device. When I plug in the iphone and a usb device at once I get an usb error. I don't need both pluged in at the same time, but I would like to have the extra usb plug available without haveing to unplug the iphone cable. If anyone can give me some advice I would appreciate it!

• 2 months later...

Here is my solution to the problem. I also added an inverter and rca jacks for aux2 and a second 5v usb jack to charge usb devices.

post-51821-0-14418900-1303506163_thumb.jpg

post-51821-0-89951800-1303506174_thumb.jpg

Thats awesome...how did you do that? What parts and where did you get them? I have a 2006 sierra I would love to have that setup.

• 4 weeks later...