AVIC411.com

Condi's HACKMODE v2.2 - AUTOINSTALL! working also with F40BT, X940BT etc! [updated: 27.09.2012]

v.0.2 up!

PS. I can make version with shortcut on the desktop which will automatically 'make' pioneer testmode on SD which is inserted, restart unit and enter pioneer service mode, it would be simply 'ENTER SERVICEMODE'. Fast jump to service mode. Do you need something like this?

PS2. I was looking through registry, and found gps is connected with some files in NAND2 or NDATA... i dont remember exactly, but it was GPS folder with some gpspara files etc. We've got to look at this!

I tried to put iGO8.exe as Navi.exe - runs ok, NO GPS, fail;

I tried to use some SirfTech.exe util, to switch NMEA<>SIRF or change something concerned to gps port - fail;

@Tudor Z: GpsMC.exe is starting on boot, by default, no available gps in other apps - fail;

Keep on trying!

br

condi

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the reply Condi. Seems like it's a little more tricky to get the GPS working, hopefully it will be possible.

If you replace Navi.exe with iGO how does it interact with the Unit's interface? Can you still switch between navi and av source?

PS. I can make version with shortcut on the desktop which will automatically 'make' pioneer testmode on SD which is inserted, restart unit and enter pioneer service mode, it would be simply 'ENTER SERVICEMODE'. Fast jump to service mode. Do you need something like this?

Condi

While waiting for my F30BT, I'm following your post regarding hackmode.

Congratulations, real a great work and absolutely that what we need!

- Regarding question above, shortcuts to enter servicemode or bringing desktop to the front would be highly appreciated!

- Also acess to GPS-signal would be very nice.

Please check the GPS-port splitter SERILOT from GLOPUS, could be helpful.

http://www.glopus.de/

- What is the OS and OS version running on your F30BT?

- Is it mandatory to use SD-card for hackmode or is it also possible to install hackmode via USB-Stick ?

Unfourtunally I can not contribute anything at the moment, but will defenitely report after my F30BT is installed.

Best Regards

Bernd

Thanks guys for all 'good luck' words :) If you have any questions then just ask.

HACKMODE was checked only on my device, so please be careful in any actions,

Please check if it works with F10/F20 and other models!

I just tried your Hackmode 0.2 on AVIC-F20BT device, it works perfect!!

Later today I will give a try to run IGO8 navigation with this unit. Expectations are high... :-)

Thanks for the reply Condi. Seems like it's a little more tricky to get the GPS working, hopefully it will be possible.

If you replace Navi.exe with iGO how does it interact with the Unit's interface? Can you still switch between navi and av source?

Replaced Navi.exe runs automatically, then after some seconds AV process comes to front, when you want to switch to nav it goes black ;)

I've got all time long new ideas to get gps to work, just keep on trying :)

Condi

While waiting for my F30BT, I'm following your post regarding hackmode.

Congratulations, real a great work and absolutely that what we need!

- Regarding question above, shortcuts to enter servicemode or bringing desktop to the front would be highly appreciated!

- Also acess to GPS-signal would be very nice.

Please check the GPS-port splitter SERILOT from GLOPUS, could be helpful.

http://www.glopus.de/

- What is the OS and OS version running on your F30BT?

- Is it mandatory to use SD-card for hackmode or is it also possible to install hackmode via USB-Stick ?

Unfourtunally I can not contribute anything at the moment, but will defenitely report after my F30BT is installed.

Best Regards

Bernd

1) I will make shortcut to auto-make-testmode-sd and enter ;),

2) tried already some other splitter-thing without success, ok, will try Glopos later :)

3) control panel is not working correctly, but for now i think its wince 5,

4) I will make version for USB later this weekend :) or maybe sd&usb, both in one :)

5) F30BT - my maaan :D i've got this unit :)

I just tried your Hackmode 0.2 on AVIC-F20BT device, it works perfect!!

Later today I will give a try to run IGO8 navigation with this unit. Expectations are high... :-)

Thanks for feedback with v.0.2! :)

Try with iGO and other stuff, more of us the more chance to get gps working!

br

condi

Replaced Navi.exe runs automatically, then after some seconds AV process comes to front, when you want to switch to nav it goes black ;)

I've got all time long new ideas to get gps to work, just keep on trying :)

1) I will make shortcut to auto-make-testmode-sd and enter ;),

2) tried already some other splitter-thing without success, ok, will try Glopos later :)

3) control panel is not working correctly, but for now i think its wince 5,

4) I will make version for USB later this weekend :) or maybe sd&usb, both in one :)

5) F30BT - my maaan :D i've got this unit :)

br

condi

IGO8 works launches, thanks for the copy Condi, I just need to work on the GPS bit now.

So far I have failed to extract library files from the WINCE ROM, I have used FileManCe, TestDump, Total Commander, etc. I have even tried editing the registry but also no luck.

Anyone had any success with the wince rom?

I could only copy a few files from the WINCE ROM with FileMan.

While running autodetect on iGO i notice it skips ports 2-3-5-7. I'm guessing one of them (probably com7) is the gps but it's locked. I can't get PortSplitter to run (no interface shows up).

I could only copy a few files from the WINCE ROM with FileMan.

While running autodetect on iGO i notice it skips ports 2-3-5-7. I'm guessing one of them (probably com7) is the gps but it's locked. I can't get PortSplitter to run (no interface shows up).

I don't have experience with the portsplitter app, however if you can kill the navigation app then the gps will be free to be accessed by any other program. I have tried to kill navi.exe but the avic hangs :shock: I assumed that this was using the gps port.

I don't have experience with the portsplitter app, however if you can kill the navigation app then the gps will be free to be accessed by any other program. I have tried to kill navi.exe but the avic hangs :shock: I assumed that this was using the gps port.

As far as I remember Navi.exe was running after Av.exe, with hackmode it doesnt run! Also I've replaced Navi.exe with iGO exe and also it doesnt find gps.

Keep on searching for the solution guys :)

Tomorrow I will have free day, I shall use the time for avic!

As far as I remember Navi.exe was running after Av.exe, with hackmode it doesnt run! Also I've replaced Navi.exe with iGO exe and also it doesnt find gps.

Keep on searching for the solution guys :)

Tomorrow I will have free day, I shall use the time for avic!

Hi Condi,

I launched CEprocessV.exe (files from post #23). I see Navi.exe, HMImanager.exe, Voice.exe, Pserver.exe running. Try running CEprocess and let me know if you see something similar.

I have the following processes in CEProcessV:

astproc.exe

device.exe

filesys.exe

gpsmc.exe

gwes.exe

HMIManager.exe

Navi.exe

neventwatcher.exe

NK.exe

Pserver.exe

Voice.exe

So maybe Navi.exe does run in hackmode after all.

Hi,i think the problem is the windows ce,

i seeked through the registry, there is reference about com 7 and gps port, but Windows does not have any driver to use the unit hardware. Pioneer uses Windows just to start up display and run av.exe, without any link to the hardware!

Maybe our first step must be unlocking windows ce to get the full system working, check the hardware connected or add some hardware.

Another option would be the gps is not working because it is already in use, but that´s just my guess.

Is there a Dos command.com, or linux-like terminal in Windows ce? if I could use a usb keyboard and something like a command terminal maybe I could try to unlock windows or copy all files to emulate in pc and work around this.

Patrick

br

condi

Hmm... Too bad. I didn`t manage to instal Igo8. Installation starts but after 2 sec. it stops. Maybe wrong version ( 8.3.4.117940 (Nov 3 2009)

Which version are you using, guys?

Wikke

v1.0 ready!

it will be 'base' version, i will release auto-updates/patches from now on :)

PS. about gps port - tried to run GpsGate, PortSplitter - with no success.. Keep on pushing further!! :D

---edit:

I've dumped full registry. Found interesting two DWords:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\AplSetup\Launch.exe (1)
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Start\dummy (1)

Its the first time i saw 'start\dummy' dword.

Maybe it causes our windows to be such 'handicaped'?

And about 'AplSetup\Launch.exe' - i think that maybe this could give us working/free gps port?

I can change the values, but after reboot it goes back to previous state.

We've got to somehow edit permanently registry/rom/hv to check if it works.

br

condi