AVIC411.com

Condi's HACKMODE v2.2 - AUTOINSTALL! working also with F40BT, X940BT etc! [updated: 27.09.2012]

I'll stick it out, and start a new thread as suggested. tested the SD card with service mode. Z120 failed to write to SD cards each time. This will have to wait.

I will try help-u into a other thread

describe step to stpe what u doing and how u doing

like i press this after this.....

this system is terrible, i have a 110 upgraded to 120 and need make 2x because i didnt see the second page of files . copy and past files is hard and have a lot of tricks... send a pm with the link to your thread!! and i try help u

Bye

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, I followed your video to the letter and my Z120 still will not let me copy and paste the contents of USER to the SD card. I have the e-brake bypass, would this have anything to do with this? I can select the files I want to copy, the screen will quickly flash telling me the files are copied, I then go back to the root and select SD, and then try to paste USER contents to a folder I named save file. The screen flashes quickly saying it is pasting, but nothing happens! What an I doing Wrong?! I've checked to make sure the SD card isn't locked or full (it's 8G, could that be the problem?). The main reason I want to be able to do this is to upgrade to the Z130 firmware, and get rid of the Warning "OK" Nag that appears during start up. It's rather anoying especially when you are in AV mode and forget to switch back to NAV mode and press OK. It will not load up voice commands unless you do this.

Thevil,

Create a USER directory on your SD Card using your computer. Then on the AVIC, don't just "Select" the USER directory, Enter it. Then select all the files and Copy. Then navigate to your SD card and Paste into the USER directory you created.

Confirmed on my Z120BT.

How??? what is the trick?

Another good news!:

1) we can now kill processes! i kill GpsMC.exe process without freeze!

2) after GpsMc.exe kill, we can run other GpsMC exe!, maybe thats the key to success,

3) we got new task manager app with killing process very handy!

4) i will remake hackmode to ask question for 2-3 seconds on boot if you want to enter hackmode - now I just can do that..

5) PortSplitter app is starting now! no success with making virtual port, I'm working on it,

6) SirtTech app is running, but can't open any com port!

7) AstProc.exe process cant be killed, or maybe after kill it instantly comes back?! maybe because of that sh!t our gps port is busy..

thats (propably) all of the news of last 2 days :) will keep you informed guys,

must check a lot of things now. I will post some tools or hackmode 1.3, when its ready :)

one more time - keep your fingers crossed! :D

7) AstProc.exe process cant be killed, or maybe after kill it instantly comes back?!

I can't find AstProc.exe on my device neither in windows folder nor User or NDATA. Task manager is not working on my unit so I can't check running processes.

Thevil,

Create a USER directory on your SD Card using your computer. Then on the AVIC, don't just "Select" the USER directory, Enter it. Then select all the files and Copy. Then navigate to your SD card and Paste into the USER directory you created.

Confirmed on my Z120BT.

AKKK! I should have thought of that. It will only copy to the same filename?! Will test today!

SO FAR CONFIRMED TO WORK ON:

• F30BT (tested by me ;) )
  • X920BT (thanks to Krms!)
  • X930BT (thanks to Ralpharn!)
  • Z110BT with Z120BT firmware (thanks to PatrickFernandes!)
  • F920BT (thanks to Tudor Z!)
  • F20BT (thanks to wikke!)

Just a suggestion... but if this thread could be mirrored in as a sticky in all the other Hack/Mod forums, it might bring in more info....

Some people may not see this, being that it's stuck in the F-series forum<--probably the least sought after Pioneer unit ATM...

Just saying....

Just a suggestion... but if this thread could be mirrored in as a sticky in all the other Hack/Mod forums, it might bring in more info....

Some people may not see this, being that it's stuck in the F-series forum<--probably the least sought after Pioneer unit ATM...

Just saying....

I agree more forums more users testing more way to defeat winCE !

I agree more forums more users testing more way to defeat winCE !

You guys seem to have this covered - hope it helps a bit... There are a few forums that are dedicated to random Chinese knock off systems (which have a very similar architecture). As this seems to be moving forward, maybe a few glances at what others have done may help??

From http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=121168

Safety first

Be careful, changes you make could disable your device. Search for "brick" as in "I turned my GPS into a brick" on this site. You will find over a 1000 hits. Most manufacturers do not provide a way to get back to the original state.

If you do not have ActiveSync or access to the WinCE desktop, you cannot do the steps below. But unlocking your device should give one or both.

Backup, Backup, Backup. Here are a few things I wish someone told me to do before I started experimenting:

Make a backup copy of your registry. You can compare the original to the one when you have a problem.

- If you have ActiveSync you can use 30 day trialware Registry Workshop available here.

- If you have a WinCE desktop run one the regedit programs in the MioPocket package.

- Most (but possibly not all) devices do have a baseline copy of the Registry in ROM, which a hard reset will restore, but it is still prudent to make a backup immediately after you have unlocked your device. A hive-based registry is particularly hard to restore without your backup copy - see this thread for original init entries.

Make a backup of all your flash drives. You might need to replace a file that gets damaged.

- ActiveSync makes as easy as drag and drop. You cannot copy your \Windows directory.

- If you have a WinCE desktop, you can copy and paste to your SD Card. Total Commander in the MioPocket package can help.

Make a backup of your SD Card that came with the device before you use it if you can. Again to compare to see if a file is damaged.

Save all this on CD somewhere.

Finding missing dlls

I found the following tools helpful in finding the missing dlls and seeing what is in a CAB:

Dependency Walker - a PC program that builds a hierarchical tree diagram of all dependent modules. Run Dependency Walker on the .exe on your PC. Look at the level one dlls and see if the dlls are in \Windows. If there are missing, put the copy from MioPocket in the same directory as the exe you are trying to run. This works about 90% of the time.

TestDump and DumpRom -Optional- available here - are utilities to extract the dlls from your kernel so you can use them with Dependency Walker. You could just look in your \Windows directory.

MSCEinf - a PC utility to find, analyse, and unpack all the data contained in installation WinCE CAB files.

Note that the MioPocket package has a bunch of dlls and programs. You do not need to install MioPocket to run many programs. Just click, if it doesn't start then the package install is needed.

- dlls and programs are in \MioAutoRun\System directory.

- More programs are in \MioAutoRun\Programs directory.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

this is the most basic, simple, practical unlock: i would urge you to find out what the exe file is to reveal the CE desktop. it usually is explorer.exe. i know that some devices rename it differently. after u know what the exe is for CE desktop, find out the line hklm/init in the registry. make a script to run it and voila. you have the CE desktop. all u have to do next is make script to xcopy the missing files/drivers in /windows dir and u have a full CE system in your hands.

if you happen to have the reg entries too then make a script to import it. << though i must say, that will brick your device, so u HAVE to know what reg you are importing, and what it does. if you don't i urge you to NOT do it.

and don't forget, you can WIFI on your gps too.

There are many topics in the forum that may help (???).

Good luck to all...

Does anyone know the path to the Avic's FTP root directories?(recoder/update_ftp) I've dug in to numerous folders and cannot find them.

My hopes is that it will provide a somewhat easier way to test, instead of fooling with SD cards...

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/26304-i-bluetoothd-my-macbook-pro-to-my-110/page__view__findpost__p__194869