AVIC411.com

Condi's HACKMODE v2.2 - AUTOINSTALL! working also with F40BT, X940BT etc! [updated: 27.09.2012]

That's not a problem, almost every app which i modified to use other dlls than limited in our devices - worked without any problems. Its problem, but its easy to bypass. I've got all the gps software running fine like tomtom, garmin, automapa, igo etc. But its just a software. We have problem with busy hardware, like gps port and audio. We need to get free gps port, and other hardware resources.

Me and all the great guys here - we just gave opportunity to further hack avics. All the working utilities such as DiskRW, working registry etc. - this is for all of you to test and try to get some useful result ;)

hello condczek, nice work by you, congratulations! Tell me what's default gps application on F models , what's .exe file for running default gps application on F models?

You need to block runing default gps application in backround of F models, then you'll make "free" gps port of F models, you can do that on this way, just use some simple unlock based on daniel's sysinformation.exe and first run it, then igo application from that shell menu, on this way i think will not be problem with finding correct gps port and baudrate.

I don't have F model, and i don't know what's inside, this is just advice for you, cause you own that model...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi. I'm new here, Planning to buy X930BT, have x910BT now.

Just a clue. When I've hacked x910Bt I was able to install third party navi software, using testmode 2.3 and launcher, found on Russian site 4pda.ru. However all navi application run (Navitel, Autosputnik, etc.), I couldn't manage to free GPS (Com 7) port. I've tried three or four versions or Port Splitter with no positive result.

After searches I found a solution which I haven't tried, but it was claimed that it should work: The guy with nickname Porutchik suggested to reflash WinCe image with older one from F900BT, don't remember exactly, but probably older than one, contained in firmware 3.01, which has no gyro support.

X930 has gyro, so disabling it should free up GPS port.

Unfortunately link to 4pda.ru is dead and Pioneer AVIC subforum is closed there, but there are other resources, (in Russian)

http://www.alfessa.net/forum/121-679-1

there are two links to 4 shared.com there for gyro and non gyro WinCE images, if someone can figure out the difference.

Edited by a137

Just a clue. When I've hacked x910Bt I was able to install third party navi software, using testmode 2.3 and launcher, found on Russian site 4pda.ru. However all navi application run (Navitel, Autosputnik, etc.), I couldn't manage to free GPS (Com 7) port. I've tried three or four versions or Port Splitter with no positive result.

After searches I found a solution which I haven't tried, but it was claimed that it should work: The guy with nickname Porutchik suggested to reflash WinCe image with older one from F900BT, don't remember exactly, but probably older than one, contained in firmware 3.01, which has no gyro support.

Unfortunately link to 4pda.ru is dead and Pioneer AVIC subforum is closed there, but there are other resources, (in Russian)

there are two links to 4 shared.com there for gyro and non gyro WinCE images, if someone can figure out the difference.

Pioneer theads is not closed on 4pda.ru, you need to log in first to see forum there.

Hi everyone,I'm Federica, from Italy.

Please, please, please... help me whith my f9220bt unit!

I'm sorry in advance for my poor English.

I know i'm an unusual girl, couse i love electronics since i was little. :D

I've bought this double din stereo, and i would love to personalize it as well (no fear, i HATE hello kitty).

I know the first thing to do is to "enable" it's sleepy OS (win ce)

After trying this guide, i'm stuck whith the original OS, also if I insert the "hackmode SD".

I mean, i was been able to delete the AV.exe, and also able to copy the folder.

The only problem is that everytime I restart the radio (also with SD - containing the dummy regkey), the system starts normally.

I would like to know:

1) Could it depend by the firmware? I read that the platform is 2.0000300000

2) Is it possible to upgrade that firmware (and why not, also the maps?) - can I use the std firmware, also if my model is "different"?

3) My device has a gyroscope, and i read that this disable the gps function whith other navi software.

Thanks a LOOOOOTTTTT in advance

cheers

Federica

Can we work on porting to android now with haret?

A while back I started trying to port HaRET to the F90BT, it detected the processor and the fact it was running on the F90. Then as always, the paying job got in the way and I had to shelve the project for another time... The email with the patch can be found at http://lists.linuxtogo.org/pipermail/haret-devel/2010-February/000009.html. I don't think it will gracefully apply to the current git repo, but you can at least see what changes I made (though they may not necessarily be the right ones).

hello condczek, nice work by you, congratulations! Tell me what's default gps application on F models , what's .exe file for running default gps application on F models?

You need to block runing default gps application in backround of F models, then you'll make "free" gps port of F models, you can do that on this way, just use some simple unlock based on daniel's sysinformation.exe and first run it, then igo application from that shell menu, on this way i think will not be problem with finding correct gps port and baudrate.

I don't have F model, and i don't know what's inside, this is just advice for you, cause you own that model...

Its not that easy as you think.. ;)

Yes, I think that its the key to success - replace EU090PLT.PRG or EU090RGD.PRG with other, correct image. We need someone, who could make proper modified image - with avics header, some crc's (if there are any..) and other things.

thanks a lot!!!!!!

Yes, go to Herbs's thread, I also wrote there solution for your problem.

A while back I started trying to port HaRET to the F90BT, it detected the processor and the fact it was running on the F90. Then as always, the paying job got in the way and I had to shelve the project for another time... The email with the patch can be found at http://lists.linuxtogo.org/pipermail/haret-devel/2010-February/000009.html. I don't think it will gracefully apply to the current git repo, but you can at least see what changes I made (though they may not necessarily be the right ones).

The link to your email is not available. Do you have copy somewhere?

We've got to move forward somehow!! ;)

Delete the '.' from the end of the URL (it should end in ".html" not ".html.").

http://lists.linuxtogo.org/pipermail/haret-devel/2010-February/000009.html

I may have something more recent, will have to check the build box when I get home later.

Thanks for pointing it out ;) Was to tired to notice that dot ;)

PS. Anybody interested to test 2011 update? Take a look at this thread, and please post results

This is awesome even to know you guys are on the right track. I have used some of Abbs mods on my old F series and loved it. I am so hoping to be able to add some of your own touches to my Z110/120BT. Good luck and I can't wait. I love how you all think together here to solve these issues. Great teamwork!!!

Found my notes on setting up a Windows + Cygwin + CEGCC Haret build environment, was in Feb 2011 so there may be some drift and updates required.

--- Using Cygwin 1.7 and cegcc 0.59 ---

1. Install Cygwin 1.7 plus the following additional packages:
    cvs
    cvsutils
    gcc-mingw-core
    gcc-mingw-g++
    git
    make
    perl
    python
    subversion
    wget

2. Download cegcc 0.59 from SourceForge and extract to /opt

cd /
    tar xvfj /cygdrive/c/Users/haretUser/Downloads/cegcc-0.59.1.tar.bz2
    cd /opt/
    tar xvfj /cygdrive/c/Users/haretUser/Downloads/cegcc_mingw32ce_cygwin1.7_r1375.tar.bz2

3. Copy libgcc_s_sjlj-1.dll from /opt/cegcc/bin/ to SD card (new dependency cegcc 0.59.0 introduced)

4. Use git to clone the HaRET repo:
    mkdir /cygdrive/c/haret
    cd /cygdrive/c/haret
    git clone git://git.linuxtogo.org/home/groups/haret/haret.git

5. Patch src/l1trace.cpp to address the problem with gcc 4.x being more strict with swp/swpb instructions:
                asm("swpb %0, %1, [%2]"
    +                // Address gcc 4.x strict Rn overlap prevention
    -                : "=r" (readval)
    +                // : "=r" (readval)
    +                : "=&r" (readval)

asm("swp %0, %1, [%2]"

6. Optional: Add the pragma to remove warnings about deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
     #pragma GCC diagnostic ignored "-Wwrite-strings"

Files that need cleanup:
    src/memory.cpp
    src/wince/output.cpp
    src/linboot.cpp
    src/imxcmds.cpp

7. Add needed changes to enable ARM1136-J(S)F support (generic ARMv6 could work)

a. Edit include\arch-arm.h to add Machine1136 class:

class Machine1136 : public Machine {
    public:
       Machine1136();
       int detect();
    };

b. Edit src\mach\arch-arm.cpp to add Machine1136 init:

/****************************************************************
    * ARM 1136JF-S and 1136J-S
    ****************************************************************/

Machine1136::Machine1136()
    {
       name = "Generic ARM 1136J(F)-S";
       flushCache = cpuFlushCache_arm6;
       arm6mmu = 1;
       archname = "1136";
       CPUInfo[0] = L"1136";
    }

int
    Machine1136::detect()
    {
       uint32 p15r0 = get_p15r0();
       return ((p15r0 >> 24) == 'A'
               && ((p15r0 >> 20) & 0xf) == 1
               && ((p15r0 >> 16) & 0xf) == 7
               && ((p15r0 >> 4) & 0xfff) == 0xB36);
    }

REGMACHINE(Machine1136)

c.Edit src\mach\machlist.txt to add AVIC and iPaq 310 detection:

PLATFORM=Centrality Titan
    iPAQ310,	1136	,HP iPAQ 310 Travel Companion,	CNTY_TITAN, \
           set ramaddr 0xc0000000, \
           addlist GPIOS p2v(0x80090000) 0xff00 16, \
           addlist IRQS p2v(0x90020000) 0xf000 16

PLATFORM=PIONEER
    AVICF90BT,	1136	,Handheld Reference Board BSP version:TitanHHV1.0.47,	CNTY_TITAN, \

d. Edit tools\buildmachs.py to add the arch-arm.h and arch-centrality.h includes to the auto-generated file it creates (out/mach-autogen.cpp). Make sure to put these lines in the """ quoted Python string following the other #include file declarations:

#include "arch-arm.h"
    #include "arch-centrality.h"

8. Build HaRET
    user@host /cygdrive/c/haret
    $ make

Result:

mkdir out
     Compiling (armv4) src/mach/machines.cpp
     Building machine list
     Compiling (armv4) out/mach-autogen.cpp
     Compiling (armv4) src/mach/arch-pxa27x.cpp
     Compiling (armv4) src/s3c-gpio.cpp
     Compiling (armv4) src/msmcmds.cpp
     Compiling (armv4) out/version.cpp
     Checking for relocations
     Linking out/haret-debug (Version "pre-0.5.3-20110820_135737")
     Stripping out/haret-debug to make out/haret.exe
     Creating tar out/haretconsole.tar.gz

$

9. Copy out/haret.exe over to your Testmode SD, eject, boot to test mode and run haret.exe from your SD card.

• 2 weeks later...

Found my notes on setting up a Windows + Cygwin + CEGCC Haret build environment, was in Feb 2011 so there may be some drift and updates required.

--- Using Cygwin 1.7 and cegcc 0.59 ---

1. Install Cygwin 1.7 plus the following additional packages:
    cvs
    cvsutils
    gcc-mingw-core
    gcc-mingw-g++
    git
    make
    perl
    python
    subversion
    wget

2. Download cegcc 0.59 from SourceForge and extract to /opt

cd /
    tar xvfj /cygdrive/c/Users/haretUser/Downloads/cegcc-0.59.1.tar.bz2
    cd /opt/
    tar xvfj /cygdrive/c/Users/haretUser/Downloads/cegcc_mingw32ce_cygwin1.7_r1375.tar.bz2

3. Copy libgcc_s_sjlj-1.dll from /opt/cegcc/bin/ to SD card (new dependency cegcc 0.59.0 introduced)

4. Use git to clone the HaRET repo:
    mkdir /cygdrive/c/haret
    cd /cygdrive/c/haret
    git clone git://git.linuxtogo.org/home/groups/haret/haret.git

5. Patch src/l1trace.cpp to address the problem with gcc 4.x being more strict with swp/swpb instructions:
                asm("swpb %0, %1, [%2]"

asm("swp %0, %1, [%2]"

6. Optional: Add the pragma to remove warnings about deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
     #pragma GCC diagnostic ignored "-Wwrite-strings"

Files that need cleanup:
    src/memory.cpp
    src/wince/output.cpp
    src/linboot.cpp
    src/imxcmds.cpp

7. Add needed changes to enable ARM1136-J(S)F support (generic ARMv6 could work)

a. Edit include\arch-arm.h to add Machine1136 class:

class Machine1136 : public Machine {
    public:
       Machine1136();
       int detect();
    };

b. Edit src\mach\arch-arm.cpp to add Machine1136 init:

/****************************************************************
    * ARM 1136JF-S and 1136J-S
    ****************************************************************/

Machine1136::Machine1136()
    {
       name = "Generic ARM 1136J(F)-S";
       flushCache = cpuFlushCache_arm6;
       arm6mmu = 1;
       archname = "1136";
       CPUInfo[0] = L"1136";
    }

int
    Machine1136::detect()
    {
       uint32 p15r0 = get_p15r0();
       return ((p15r0 >> 24) == 'A'
               && ((p15r0 >> 20) & 0xf) == 1
               && ((p15r0 >> 16) & 0xf) == 7
               && ((p15r0 >> 4) & 0xfff) == 0xB36);
    }

REGMACHINE(Machine1136)

c.Edit src\mach\machlist.txt to add AVIC and iPaq 310 detection:

PLATFORM=Centrality Titan
    iPAQ310,	1136	,HP iPAQ 310 Travel Companion,	CNTY_TITAN, \

PLATFORM=PIONEER
    AVICF90BT,	1136	,Handheld Reference Board BSP version:TitanHHV1.0.47,	CNTY_TITAN, \

d. Edit tools\buildmachs.py to add the arch-arm.h and arch-centrality.h includes to the auto-generated file it creates (out/mach-autogen.cpp). Make sure to put these lines in the """ quoted Python string following the other #include file declarations:

#include "arch-arm.h"
    #include "arch-centrality.h"

8. Build HaRET
    $ make

Result:

mkdir out
     Compiling (armv4) src/mach/machines.cpp
     Building machine list
     Compiling (armv4) out/mach-autogen.cpp
     Compiling (armv4) src/mach/arch-pxa27x.cpp
     Compiling (armv4) src/s3c-gpio.cpp
     Compiling (armv4) src/msmcmds.cpp
     Compiling (armv4) out/version.cpp
     Checking for relocations
     Linking out/haret-debug (Version "pre-0.5.3-20110820_135737")
     Stripping out/haret-debug to make out/haret.exe
     Creating tar out/haretconsole.tar.gz

$

9. Copy out/haret.exe over to your Testmode SD, eject, boot to test mode and run haret.exe from your SD card.

can u share this haret.exe to try at my z120bt ? i need a compile a kernel or your file have a linux distro included?

can u share this haret.exe to try at my z120bt ? i need a compile a kernel or your file have a linux distro included?

Don't have the haret.exe handy, sorry. Never got around to building a Linux kernel for the Titan, but I'm sure you can find some patches on the Internet.

By the way, you'll need to look up the right platform string to add to src\mach\machlist.txt for the z120bt. Also, there's no guarantee Pioneer or their 3rd party Navi developer used the SiRF Titan, which means you might need to add support for an ARM core other than the 1136JF(S) to HaRET (detection code based on ID register, MMU and cache setup, etc).