AVIC411.com

Condi's HACKMODE v2.2 - AUTOINSTALL! working also with F40BT, X940BT etc! [updated: 27.09.2012]

Is anyone still interested in getting alternate nav software like Igo working alongside the standard Pioneer AV system ?I've managed to free up the GPS port whilst in hackmode and get Igo8 working fine (working GPS, TMC, full sound capability and Pioneer AV all at once) on my F230BT (F130BT in the US). I've seen no updates on freeing up the GPS port when in Condi's Hackmode recently so maybe you guys have already done this and its old news. Somniac

Already tried two port splitter apps... no success. You've got modified port splitter and gpsgate in latest version of hackmode. Its not that easy... unfortunatelly ;)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anyone still interested in getting alternate nav software like Igo working alongside the standard Pioneer AV system ?

I am interested! official Navi is just a bad joke! It looks like it have been writen by "D" graded students as term project... :evil: yakkkkkk.....

I've managed to free up the GPS port whilst in hackmode and get Igo8 working fine (working GPS, TMC, full sound capability and Pioneer AV all at once) on my F230BT (F130BT in the US).

I am jealous... but google don't know nether F230BT nor F130BT... I hope you mean Z130bt- That would be awessome!

I am interested! official Navi is just a bad joke! It looks like it have been writen by "D" graded students as term project... :evil:  yakkkkkk.....

I am jealous... but google don't know nether F230BT nor F130BT... I hope you mean Z130bt- That would be awessome!

Apoligies, I meant F320BT, which is the later version of the F310BT which is the European version of the US U310BT (it was past 2 o'clock in the morning - brain was slow).If it helps I'll explain the problem I had and the solution I eventually came up with.I used the F310BT testmode (see U310BT forum) on an SD card to get to the WinCE O/S and then use Condi's Hackmode concept to try to run IGO8 when the Pioneer Navi started up.I had the same problem as Condi and yourselves in that the GPS port was locked well before the rmimanager.exe (First of the Pioneer programs to start on bootup) started. I tried every port splitter available and even started them from the registry but the GPS port (com2) was always locked before the port splitters started and the port was in use by a program called clmapp.exe. Killing clmapp.exe first didn't free up com2.So I decided to come at it from another direction - make the com2 port unavailable to the pioneer program that was locking it before it started.So the solution is to change the FriendlyName and Index number of the GPS_HWCOM definition in the builtin drivers section of the registry so that port GPS_COM/COM2 becomes GPS_COM4/COM4 and do a warm boot. The pioneer software then doesn't find the GPS port (its looking for COM2) and does not lock the GPS port or start clmapp.exe.I then just configured IGO8 to use the COM4 port and it works. I used Condi's hack concept to replace the Tel.exe executable with a mortscript script pointing to the IGO8 executable when the pioneer software starts ( I think Condi used the av.exe). It means that the BT telephone functionality doesn't work but the AV (MP3 lists etc) still works and I can switch between it and IGO8 using the "mode" button. You can choose which exe to replace depending on what bit of functionality in teh original Pioneer software you are happy to loose.The regsitry entries I changed on the F320BT to stop the GPS port being locked are below. I'm sure you can find the equivilent on your Avics. The regsitry on the F320BT is in ROM so the changes disappear if you do a hard reset (handy if you get them wrong).I'm working on a mortscript that will make the registry changes and does a warm reboot if it finds the GPS_HWCOM has been set back to COM2 by a hard reset (so I don't have to do the reg changes manually). In HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\Builtin\GPS_HWCOM - Change DWORD "FriendlyName" from GPS_COM to GPS_COM4 and DWORD Index from 2 to 4. All software (port splitters etc) then see the GPS port on COM4. You guys know Condi's hack better than I do so I'll leave that side to you but I thought you'd like to know how I unlocked the GPS port. Somniac.

Apoligies, I meant F320BT, which is the later version of the F310BT which is the European version of the US U310BT (it was past 2 o'clock in the morning - brain was slow).If it helps I'll explain the problem I had and the solution I eventually came up with.I used the F310BT testmode (see U310BT forum) on an SD card to get to the WinCE O/S and then use Condi's Hackmode concept to try to run IGO8 when the Pioneer Navi started up.I had the same problem as Condi and yourselves in that the GPS port was locked well before the rmimanager.exe (First of the Pioneer programs to start on bootup) started. I tried every port splitter available and even started them from the registry but the GPS port (com2) was always locked before the port splitters started and the port was in use by a program called clmapp.exe. Killing clmapp.exe first didn't free up com2.So I decided to come at it from another direction - make the com2 port unavailable to the pioneer program that was locking it before it started.So the solution is to change the FriendlyName and Index number of the GPS_HWCOM definition in the builtin drivers section of the registry so that port GPS_COM/COM2 becomes GPS_COM4/COM4 and do a warm boot. The pioneer software then doesn't find the GPS port (its looking for COM2) and does not lock the GPS port or start clmapp.exe.I then just configured IGO8 to use the COM4 port and it works. I used Condi's hack concept to replace the Tel.exe executable with a mortscript script pointing to the IGO8 executable when the pioneer software starts ( I think Condi used the av.exe). It means that the BT telephone functionality doesn't work but the AV (MP3 lists etc) still works and I can switch between it and IGO8 using the "mode" button. You can choose which exe to replace depending on what bit of functionality in teh original Pioneer software you are happy to loose.The regsitry entries I changed on the F320BT to stop the GPS port being locked are below. I'm sure you can find the equivilent on your Avics. The regsitry on the F320BT is in ROM so the changes disappear if you do a hard reset (handy if you get them wrong).I'm working on a mortscript that will make the registry changes and does a warm reboot if it finds the GPS_HWCOM has been set back to COM2 by a hard reset (so I don't have to do the reg changes manually). In HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\Builtin\GPS_HWCOM - Change DWORD "FriendlyName" from GPS_COM to GPS_COM4 and DWORD Index from 2 to 4. All software (port splitters etc) then see the GPS port on COM4.      You guys know Condi's hack better than I do so I'll leave that side to you but I thought you'd like to know how I unlocked the GPS port.        Somniac.

I forgot to say that you don't have to use COM4 as the replacement for COM2. It could be any free COM port (4-9) and if you want to use more than one Nav software (IGO and TomTom) together you can then run a port splitter on the (now) free GPS port to provide GPS ports for each.Somniac.

What we have:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\GPS]

"CurGpsWeekRollerNum"=dword:1

"DefaultGpsWeekNo"=dword:21D

"GRFTYPE"=dword:1

"MC_EveryStartUpdateTime"=dword:1

"NmeaSel3"=dword:1

"ParamFolder"="NAND\\SYSTEM\\GPS"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn]

"BusIoctl"=dword:2A0048

"BusName"="BuiltIn"

"Dll"="BusEnum.dll"

"Flags"=dword:8

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\Launch\GPS]

"Dll"="GPS.Dll"

"Index"=dword:7

"Order"=dword:2

"Prefix"="COM"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\Launch\pbtctrl]

"DeviceArrayIndex"=dword:1

"Dll"="pbtctrl.dll"

"Order"=dword:3

"PortName"="COM4:"

"Prefix"="PBC"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\Launch\Serial0]

"DeviceArrayIndex"=dword:0

"Dll"="AtlasSerial.Dll"

"FriendlyName"="Serial Cable on UART0 Atlas Debugging Board"

"IClass"="{A32942B7-920C-486b-B0E6-92A702A99B35}"

"Index"=dword:6

"IoBase"=dword:AB000000

"Order"=dword:1

"Prefix"="COM"

"Priority256"=dword:41

"Tsp"="Unimodem.dll"

and a lots of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\PCCARD\PCMCIA that described as card for debugging.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Printers\Ports]

"Port1"="COM1: 9600"

"Port2"="COM1: 57600"

"Port3"="IRDA"

"Port4"="NET0:"

Ralpharn,

Wow, that IS different. What version of WinCe/WinMo is your unit running ?

If I had to hazard a guess then I would say the reg entry to target is the [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\Launch\GPS] one.

If you boot the unit into testmode so that the GPS port is not locked and run Portsplitter (http://www.gpsmeter.com/index.php?page=portsplitter) what port does it recognise as the GPS port ?

I would say from above it will be COM7.

In the "output" section it will also list in the pulldown any free ports available (maybe com8 or com9).

As long as you are happy that any registry changes are lost on a hard reset (I don't know if the registry is in ROM on a X930BT) I'd suggest changing the "Index" dword from 7 to the number of a free port on [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\Launch\GPS] and see if a warm reboot leading to a Condi hackmode style startup of explorer leaves you with an unlocked GPS port on the new COM number (you can check it with Portsplitter again)

If your not confident that you can easily reverse out any registry changes with a hard reset then you may decide not to take the risk.

Somniac.

If you boot the unit into testmode so that the GPS port is not locked and run Portsplitter

check this out so we have:

When we had hack in HMIManager we've got active processes:

• \Windows\AstProc.exe
  • \Windows\device.exe
  • \Windows\filesys.exe
  • \Windows\GpsMc.exe
  • \Windows\gwes.exe
  • \NAND\PRG0\Apl\HMIManager.exe (hack file)
  • \Windows\NEventWatcher
  • \Windows\NK.EXE

So no pioneer software running and we still have GPS locked.

check this out so we have:

When we had hack in HMIManager we've got active processes:

• \Windows\AstProc.exe
  • \Windows\device.exe
  • \Windows\filesys.exe
  • \Windows\GpsMc.exe
  • \Windows\gwes.exe
  • \NAND\PRG0\Apl\HMIManager.exe (hack file)
  • \Windows\NEventWatcher
  • \Windows\NK.EXE

So no pioneer software running and we still have GPS locked.

Its the same on my F320BT if you use Condi's hackmode, even if I replace hmimanager.exe with an explorer shell.The GPS port is locked.

Its not the Pioneer exes that lock the port its something in the early stages of the driver load. I can tell its locked because it starts a prog called clmapp.exe.

In your case it looks like its GpsMc.exe.

However if I use Testmode on an SD card the firmware runs the code on the card and doesn't lock the port (none of the original Pioneer drivers or code run).

You must have used testmode initially to unlock your unit to enable you to try Condi's hackmode. If you use testmode again the GPS port should be free and you can test out which COM port its on with Portsplitter (as per my previous post). You can then change the registry to avoid the GPS port being locked when you use hackmode.

Somniac

thanks to somniac, i got a bit further on my u310bt, (not using condi hackmode stuff... i just want switchable nav between igo and stock.)

I suspect NEventWatcher.exe may be lockign the comport.

I was able to do a basic test with a mortscript to do a simple reg change followed by a reboot to "remap" the comport and take it away from stock nav. If i intercept HMIManager after the hack and load igo8, it works and sees comport on 4. However, if i do that, none of the control overlays/daemons have loaded yet. So then I intercept something further downstream - like navi.exe, and i see the av controls/overlays, but then igo8 doesnt completely load up (crashes i think with access violation).

http://avic411.com/i...post__p__241162

currentport = RegRead("HKLM", "\Drivers\BuiltIn\GPS_HWCOM", "Index")
If (currentport = 2)
RegWriteDWord("HKLM", "\Drivers\BuiltIn\GPS_HWCOM", "Index", 4)
Reset
EndIf
Run("\Storage Card\iGO8\iGO8.exe")

perhaps i need to intercept further upstream or maybe different exe friend of hmimanager

thanks to somniac, i got a bit further on my u310bt, (not using condi hackmode stuff... i just want switchable nav between igo and stock.)

I was able to do a basic test with a mortscript to do a simple reg change followed by a reboot to "remap" the comport and take it away from stock nav. If i intercept HMIManager after the hack and load igo8, it works and sees comport on 4. However, if i do that, none of the control overlays/daemons have loaded yet. So then I intercept something further downstream - like navi.exe, and i see the av controls/overlays, but then igo8 doesnt completely load up (crashes i think with access violation).

http://avic411.com/i...post__p__241162

currentport = RegRead("HKLM", "\Drivers\BuiltIn\GPS_HWCOM", "Index")
If (currentport = 2)
RegWriteDWord("HKLM", "\Drivers\BuiltIn\GPS_HWCOM", "Index", 4)
Reset
EndIf
Run("\Storage Card\iGO8\iGO8.exe")

perhaps i need to intercept further upstream or maybe different exe friend of hmimanager

Pionara, I replace the Bluetooth Phone executable - tel.exe and its stable with both Pioneer AV and Igo8 and/or explorer running. However as you would guess, bluetooth phone no longer works.

I'm happy with this as I don't use the phone functionality. I've found that its stable only when I replace either tel.exe or av.exe so you end up loosing one piece of functionality.

I've tried HmiManager, pserver and navi and with each teh unit eventually hangs/crashes after either switching to AV and back or when Igo8 runs for a while.

Also I only run Igo8 via mortscript when I have booted into the additional apps options - VisualClock or Photo Viewer (available to download for the F320BT and upgraded F130BT) which replace the Navi.exe when you start them (after a boot). This is because Navi.exe takes up a lot of RAM and Igo struggles to run in whats left.

What it does mean is that I can boot into the standard Pioneer Navi + AV as normal or reboot into Visual Clock + Igo8 and/or Explorer (alternate between the two)

Very likely, but you'll probably need NEventWatcher.exe active for AV.exe/Tel.exe/MainMenu.exe to work. If the current U/F/Z generation is anything like the F90BT, then I think you need NEventWatcher.exe alive in order for the Navi board to communicate back to the uCom device on the AV board to do all your system tasks (switch audio source, control the eVolume chip, etc). This is done over one of the COM or USARTs (see the Service Manual for the schematic that details which port connects to the uCom).

So FourG, is there any kind of "apps mode" for other F series like f310/320/u310 with newer firmwares?

This seems to work out better as I can still get all the overlays/controls with the desired app running underneath.

Turns out that i didnt have to kill anything but as somniac points out, it's better with app-mode since navi.exe isnt running.

minor downside is that advanced options/settings are not available until you exit/boot back to normal mode

I have also an F700BT with fx3.1 which works ok, but would be interesting to get some app menu running.